thunderbird lodge

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by superkentendo, Aug 20, 2004.

1. superkentendo

superkentendo TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

any comments would be cool, thanks

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is the kind of image that needs a little more help. Yeah it's a nifty sign, kind of retro feel to it. But to shoot in color is just the beginning of the capture. What could you do to give it an edge? Try B&W, or infrared, or shoot with a Holga for a distinctive look.

Your eye is on the right track, but simply recording exactly what is there is sometimes a miss. :D Hope this helps.

3. ZacKrohn

ZacKrohn TPF Noob!

I agree the subject is cool looking but the picture itself is kinda snapshot like

4. Tuna

Tuna Supermodel

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Possibly a wider shot to include more of the surrounding or the hotel itself. Remove the fuzzy black line coming into the frame on the right. Sharpen colors and contrast using levels, curves, etc. And I agree that B&W might be the way to go. Hope that helps...

5. judehei

judehei TPF Noob!

holy crap, I think I've stayed there. Or at least, one of them. Is it by any chance St. Pete beach?

As for the photo, it needs more negative space to balance out the busy-ness of the Thunderbird logo. The palm tree overlapping the sign isn't very asthetically pleasing, it should be a bit more dynamic, or over out of the way of the sign. Maybe try retaking the shot at night when the sign is lit up, or use a setting to bring out the colors more. I would probably crop out the little yellow sign on the bottom, as it's sorta cheesy. Definately like the concept though, it is a rather cool looking sign.