THX 1138

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any of you seen this movie yet?

I got the DVD the other day and I was astounded at the 1971 movie by George Lucas. Truly a masterpiece.

The cinematography is fantastic, very haunting images.

BF and I went and saw it at the theatre on opening night a week or two ago. Pretty weird opening it to limited release just a couple days before the dvd came out. But it was pretty incredible on the big screen. All that blinding white... gorgeous. We just saw the dvd tonight and Target and Michael salivated over it, especially seeing that the original student film is included. Will probably pick it up on a week or so.

oriecat said:
BF and I went and saw it at the theatre on opening night a week or two ago. Pretty weird opening it to limited release just a couple days before the dvd came out. But it was pretty incredible on the big screen. All that blinding white... gorgeous. We just saw the dvd tonight and Target and Michael salivated over it, especially seeing that the original student film is included. Will probably pick it up on a week or so.

THX 1138 was way ahead of its time, its only rivals perhaps being 2001 A Space Odyssey and Blade Runner.

The little featurette on the DVD is very interesting as it is his student movie. You will love it. Enjoy!

I just recently picked it up on DVD myself. I've seen it many times and the director's cut it actually MUCH MUCH better than the original. WHich really surprised me because I haven't like much else from the Lucas/Speilberg chopping factory redos. Although the Star Wars dvd's are great, I was disappointed that he didn't go back and reedit the edited stuff from the special edition cuts from the late 90's because the cgi then looks REAL bad now.

If you haven't seen THX 1138 do it because it's what Lucas could have been if he didn't go soft with Am. Grafitti. lol.

Lucas put it into all of his movies somehow. In Star Wars, when they are trying to break into the cellblocks to find Leia, Han says they are tranferring Chewie from cell block 1-1-3-8. It's the number on the back of one of the battle droids in Ep I. You can find it in all of them.

oriecat said:
Lucas put it into all of his movies somehow. In Star Wars, when they are trying to break into the cellblocks to find Leia, Han says they are tranferring Chewie from cell block 1-1-3-8. It's the number on the back of one of the battle droids in Ep I. You can find it in all of them.

Wow!! I didn't know that. That's fun, to see referrences to other movies interspersed in some of the scenes. One of them made me laugh, it waas so obvious, yet I didn't before it was pointed out to me. In the Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, when the mother ship revolves to prepare landing, one can see a familiar figure on it, an R2 D2. A sly referrence to the Star Wars. :lol: :lol:

jadin said:
haven't seen it yet...

In the matrix (first one) trinity is in room 314. And at the end of the movie, the room neo runs to and is subsequently shot outside of is room 314.

isnt it the same run down apartment building? i think it is...

md

MDowdey said:
jadin said:
haven't seen it yet...

In the matrix (first one) trinity is in room 314. And at the end of the movie, the room neo runs to and is subsequently shot outside of is room 314.

isnt it the same run down apartment building? i think it is...

md

Yeah, Tank finds him the "old exit" so it's the same one as the first one in the movie. Heart o' the city Hotel. (same name as the one in downtown Columbia)

Ok, I'm dating myself again but I saw it when it first came out in the early 70's and thought it was an excellent movie then. I haven't seen the re-release. Did they add any more to it?

airgunr said:
Ok, I'm dating myself again but I saw it when it first came out in the early 70's and thought it was an excellent movie then. I haven't seen the re-release. Did they add any more to it?

It's a Director's Cut, with more scenes. Also digitally remastered. Excellent, excellent movie!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back