tiff to jpeg?

Hardrock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just finished with my panos and cs3 will not let me save them in jpeg or tiff. How can I convert the files so I can post on photobucket to show on the forum?

If you're currently editing in TIFF, and hopefully you're working in 16-bit TIFFS, JPEGS only support 8bits, so you need to go change them to 8 bit TIFFS, you can easily change the setting under Image>>>>Mode>>>>8-bit.

i wouldnt use photobucket if i were you.. it compresses the heck out of your photos and ruins the colors.. use flickr..

If you're currently editing in TIFF, and hopefully you're working in 16-bit TIFFS, JPEGS only support 8bits, so you need to go change them to 8 bit TIFFS, you can easily change the setting under Image>>>>Mode>>>>8-bit.

That did it thanks! I will post pic later.

another question? flikr will only take 10mb pictures and my pano is 19. how can I change the size? Thanks and sorry for all the questions!

Reduce the resolution (if you haven't already). depending on the dimensions of the pano, 800 on the short side should be enough for viewing on Flickr.

If you pay for a Pro account (which is absurdly cheap), then you don't have to worry about file sizes.

Oh and if you ever make a really large photo and run into these limits even after converting to 8bit, JPEG has a resolution limit of 30000px x 30000px (yep 900mpx).

i wouldnt use photobucket if i were you.. it compresses the heck out of your photos and ruins the colors.. use flickr..

This is really only a problem if you start uploading images over 1000 pixles on the longest side to hte website - then it does resize and mess your shot up. Honestly though I would resize down to that size (or smaller) in your editing software and then sharpen it again (resizing generally reduces image sharpness) before uploading to the net. 1000pixels on the longest side is plenty large enough for people to view images on the net and most people will even avoid loading pages with larger images as they will take an age to load.

I will say however that flickr does resize as well, but it has a far better sharpening and retention of detail code along with it so that you don't get a reduction in image quality

Most reactions

Back