Tiger lilies finally opened.

eccs19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So of course I couldn't resist. Had to lay on the ground to get this one. Hope you enjoy.

IMGP1296.jpg

^ I agree, so I have to ask, why post it in the beginners forum?

Good question, and I think I've got a good answer. :lol:

1. I don't consider myself a professional, just a hobbyist.
2. I find a lot of the other sections don't get the views that this section does.
3. It is technically the "Photography Beginners' & Photo Gallery", with the emphasis on Photo Gallery.

I think a lot of the beginners don't venture to other parts of the forum, and therefore can benefit from others posting decent shots for the beginners to see and get ideas from.

The bud in the back is rather distracting.
Greater DoF to get the whole flower and anthers in focus would have really made this pop. With only the sky as a background, if you moved that bud outta the way, there's no reason not to get the whole thing in focus. Right now it seems focus is from the center, to the back.

^ something to what Bitter Jeweler said. But I really like it anyway - great angle!

Looks great

The bud in the back is rather distracting.
Greater DoF to get the whole flower and anthers in focus would have really made this pop. With only the sky as a background, if you moved that bud outta the way, there's no reason not to get the whole thing in focus. Right now it seems focus is from the center, to the back.

I agree with Bitter and would also go as far as to remove the green petals from the foreground.

By laying on the ground, you got a great angle, the blue sky is a great backround, the other stuff removed would make this a great shot instead of a good shot.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments & advice. Always good stuff to keep in mind.

Most reactions

Back