Tim Page - Leica 21mm

Discussion in 'Commercial/Product photography' started by Tim Page, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Tim Page

Tim Page TPF Noob!

G'Day,

This is a project that I have been working on in association with Leica. I am editing these down to 21 images - shot with a Leica 21mm lens - for a limited edition box set. If you would like to assist with the edit, please email your feedback to timpageimage@gmail.com

If you would like to order a signed photograph of any of the images here, please email tim@timpageimage.com.au with a general enquiry. Please check timpageimage.com.au for updated information, pricelists and a listing of the composition and location of each of these images.

Cheers,
    Tim

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Is that THE Tim Page?
    You won't remember me but we met and talked a few times in the 80's. I was a friend of Mike Jaffe's - if you remember him.

3. Tim Page

Tim Page TPF Noob!

G'Day,

This is Shaun Filer, Tim's assistant and general manager. I'll check with Tim to find out if he remembers you. Did you meet him at an exhibition?
    Anyway, in answer to your question - this is Tim Page (or rather, this is a way to correspond with Tim).

4. Hertz van Rental

I first met Tim at Bournemouth College of Art when he came to show his work around 1981.
    We bumped into each other a couple of times after that. I think the last time was at an opening night at the Photographer's Gallery.
    Jaffe bought the Merc Tim brought back from South America.
    I don't expect Tim to remember me, really, but I will give a response to his images as soon as I get a chance. It's just nice to see his work again.
    What would help is knowing what the collection is intending to do. The message that the portfolio is trying to convey will determine, to a very large extent, the selection of images.

5. JJP

JJP TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Woooow! Tim Page is one of my idols in photography, there must be some strange coincidence, my name is Joe Page and I'm also from Tunbridge Wells!

6. Tim Page

Tim Page TPF Noob!

I'll talk to Tim and ask if he remembers you from Bournemouth College of Art, and also about a possible family connect back in the UK. Small world.
    Cheers,
    Shaun

7. Helen B

Helen B TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tim,

The You Tube video starts with a tacky Leica-fondling commercial intro. I guess that was part of the deal with Leica - as is this whole promotion. I'd like to think that you have become a member of this forum in order to share your knowledge and experience rather than to promote a Leica advert, but that hope is probably unrealistic, and in vain.

Would you like to share your feelings about the commercial nature of this enterprise? Did you have any reservations about it? What would Judith Williamson say? Why are all our heroes selling out? Why is Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit being used for a game commercial? What does that tell you? Does nobody care any more?

You don't have to answer all of these questions, except maybe the Jefferson Airplane one.

Best wishes,
    Helen

8. Rick Waldroup

Rick Waldroup No longer a newbie, moving up!

Hey, Helen, I've seen the same post by Tim, almost word for word, on two other photo forums.

9. Hertz van Rental

I have no doubt that they are trawling - but I think it's nice that they want input from others on which images should be included. Whatever the commercial motivation, the fact that the effort is being made to get some kind of feedback from the public should count for something and I, for one, welcome it.
    Besides, Tim page risked his life in Vietnam to bring us images of the conflict (on one occasion he almost died) so why shouldn't he get something back in return?
    I certainly couldn't have done what he did.
    And who among us wouldn't 'sell out' given the chance and the offer of money? ;)

10. Helen B

Helen B TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wonder (ie it's going through my mind without there being any judgements, because I'm curious about such things) whether this is a genuine request for selection by committee or a way of increasing awareness of the portfolio. I wouldn't want to criticize Tim for whatever he chooses to do with his images - it's just one of those nostalgic 60's and 70's things. What's happening man? I mean, it looks like the 70's are over already. Rolling Stone (and Deluxe? remember Deluxe?). All our icons...

I'd hoped that my post would not be taken too seriously.

Best,
    Helen

11. Alex_B

Alex_B No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    well, we could contact the real Tim and ask him!

12. notelliot

notelliot TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i'm tim page.

hi guys.