Timber Beauty

SleepingWolf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_4407.jpg

For starters I would like to say what a beautifull shot.

I have been a fan of wolves nearly all my life. Just about everything in my home has wolves on it. Nice close up shot of his intense eyes.

You also have a fantastic site with great shots. It is my intention or hope to get into wildlife photography. May I ask what lens you use for the majority of your shots.

As well, I was wondering how many if any were taken in a wildlife park as some of the bird shots are so close it would be difficult to get so close even with the long lenses.

Any advise you can give me on shooting wildlife including what lenses to use would be greatly appreciated.

Again, fantastic shot!!

Sleeping Wolf, how wonderful to see you posting a few shots again! You've been gone a while!

Lovely wolf pic, with good detail of its eyes. The background is a bit distracting (the blurred plant by the wolf's cheek/nose is too similar in colour to the wolf), but I know with nature shots one doesn't have much control over that.

Now that you're back, I hope you post more!

Sleeping Wolf, how wonderful to see you posting a few shots again! You've been gone a while!

Lovely wolf pic, with good detail of its eyes. The background is a bit distracting (the blurred plant by the wolf's cheek/nose is too similar in colour to the wolf), but I know with nature shots one doesn't have much control over that.

Now that you're back, I hope you post more!

Nice to hear from you too Anty - have been very busy at work.
You're right about not having control - generally the wolves are sleeping so you grab what you can.
:)
will post some more.

For starters I would like to say what a beautifull shot.

You also have a fantastic site with great shots. It is my intention or hope to get into wildlife photography. May I ask what lens you use for the majority of your shots.

Any good quality telephoto will do. This does not mean expensive thankfully. For this shot I used a Nikon lens (Nikkor 55-200). I also use a 70-300 Nikkor.
Stay away from the real cheapies and you will be fine. A good quality tripod is an asset, although I never use one - very hard to use with animals that are constantly moving or hiding.

Yeah, thats a really nice shot, I'm guessing the lighting conditions weren't favourable, but it still jumps.
The plant doesn't bother me, but theres something about the bokeh on the right I cant help but notice...

Love it, I actually like the mellow lighting in this one, it makes it easy to look at.

What a beautiful wolf that is too, awesome capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back