bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had to have an old Live Oak cut down. It's amazing as to the accuracy of how close they can direct a limb to a specific location and not hit anything around it - like my house.

tree-cutter-3.jpg

tree-cutter-1.jpg

My office was very close to the property line on one side. My neighbor had an oak tree that had grown to massive size much like yours, with limbs extending over both my building and his. He fortunately decided to cut it. He brought in 2 guys with a chain saw and long rope. I watched in amazement as these guys took that tree down from the top without use of any other equipment. When they got to the limbs over the roofs. One guy would throw a rope over the limb, then walk the rope toward the end. The other guy slid out on the limb to do the cut in such a way that all the guy on the ground had to do was give a tug on the rope at the right time, and the huge limb would curl back toward the tree, crashing to the ground with a thud that shook our building.

My office was very close to the property line on one side. My neighbor had an oak tree that had grown to massive size much like yours, with limbs extending over both my building and his. He fortunately decided to cut it. He brought in 2 guys with a chain saw and long rope. I watched in amazement as these guys took that tree down from the top without use of any other equipment. When they got to the limbs over the roofs. One guy would throw a rope over the limb, then walk the rope toward the end. The other guy slid out on the limb to do the cut in such a way that all the guy on the ground had to do was give a tug on the rope at the right time, and the huge limb would curl back toward the tree, crashing to the ground with a thud that shook our building.
A very amateurish methodology.

Nothing amateurish about it at all. I have a near forest cut down and not one limb ever touched a structure. There is a science to their methods even if it looks quite primitive; it's called geometry.

very amateurish methodology.

Apparently you've never had the opportunity to see really skilled tree trimmers at work. Nothing amateurish about skilled people performing a difficult task.

Nothing amateurish about it at all. I have a near forest cut down and not one limb ever touched a structure. There is a science to their methods even if it looks quite primitive; it's called geometry.

The guys I watched and likely yours also seemed to know the wood properties perfectly. They knew exactly where and how to cut. So that the limb would break away cleanly but briefly provide a little support until it was swinging. A delicate balancing act of an object that easily weighed a few hundred pounds.

Most reactions

Back