Time Difference

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4280_filtered.jpg

Taken in evening light on my way to photo club. Needed to be at least half hour earlier as light fading and no tripod so aperture too wide to get DOF and cathedral sharp.
Shiprape.jpg

The one taken in the morning posted yesterday with light behind cathedral and heavy misty atmosphere. Forcast clear sunlight tomorrow so I will go armed with tripod and f.32 ! Wish me luck with weather.

I am wishing you luck already! :D
And I am quite impressed with both of these, anyway, I don't know the distance you are covering, but it looks quite a bit far away and zoomed right in, so naturally you will get a lot of the haze ...
That evening pic is interesting in so far as the area in focus seems minute (same as in macro photography), possibly because everything is "pulled together" so closely by the telephoto effect, so only the tallest rape flowers are really in focus - but hey, the cathedral is still quite recognisable.

This is the view you get from your own garden???
Oh, can you be my friend?
Can I come visit? One day, eventually? Just to see this?
(Next year in May is not possible, though, for some odd reason ... but at that time you might be in Germany, who knows!?!?!? :sexywink: )

I'm wishing you luck too! It's fun to see the same shot with the different weather/lighting conditions. And what a beautiful view it is too!!

I just love that perspective

Can I come visit? One day, eventually? Just to see this?
(Next year in May is not possible, though, for some odd reason ... but at that time you might be in Germany, who knows!?!?!? :sexywink: )

My garden view is not quite this - the field is about a mile from us on the road to Ely about 2K from here to the cathedral and 3K form my garden.
Winter-sunrise.jpg

This is of my garden with the cathedral skyline.

If ever you get to East Anglia I would be more than happy to show you round Ely and the Fens.

Very interesting, that difference between the two shots!
The rape fields are already in bloom over here, too, and I'm itching to go out and capture a few nice scenes. Wish you luck with your further experiments!

If ever you get to East Anglia I would be more than happy to show you round Ely and the Fens.

Lovely part of the world! Would love to revisit!

Most reactions

Back