Time Exposure cameras

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Philly B, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Philly B

Philly B TPF Noob!

am new to photography and time exposure pictures is my main interest, what digital camera would you people suggest for the best time exposure photograph, please post a link or information about a specific camera and please try to include, price, pixel size and memory size if possible, sorry to be very specific.

thanks for you help!

2. spike5003

spike5003 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Sorry to be the one to break this news but you aren't going to find a digital camera that can do long exposures and still be under 1000 dollars. My advise is find an SLR that can accept a cable release and has a mode labeled "B". You can't do really long exposures without a cable release and a tripod if you want them to be consistantly good. My advice is to visit your local camerea shop and get an SLR and low speed film.

3. Philly B

Philly B TPF Noob!

ok thanks for the advise, ill look into it

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

Are you talking about long exposure photography? Because all photography is "time" exposure. Just about any camera has an adjustable "shutter speed" weather it's a digital or film camera.

5. rmphoto

rmphoto TPF Noob!

agreed, a used film slr can be had for cheap these days, and will include a bulb setting and accepts a cable... the results will still be very nice. try it.