Time flies undone.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Hertz van Rental, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

Well I've been a, for want of a better word, member of this establishment for a year now.
    Despite my finest efforts I have failed to raise the intellectual level of the conversation in here out of the mundane and into the pedestrian.
    Sometimes I wish I had made it to the other desert island. At least they have coconuts there.
    Talking of coconuts, aparently there is one on the dark side of the moon. No-one knows how it got there, what it's purpose is or even where it is exactly. But I have it on good authority that it is there. NASA may try to deny it but WE KNOW THE TRUTH.
    Perhaps it was put there by a tribe of wise and ancient monkeys who used their advanced monkey science to travel to the corners of the Universe*.
    I can hear your universal scoffing. Monkeys? Pshaw! Orangutan possibly. But monkeys? Never.
    However the evidence is too strong. I have often visited ancient ruins and found them littered with banana skins - a typical monkey slip up. Although I must admit leaving banana skins lying around doesn't seem very wise.
    Inscrutable and unfathomable are the ways of the monkey.
    Coconuts are a different kettle of fish.

Why?
    Discuss.

*The universe is actualy cuboidal - maybe even square in a three-dimensional way. A little known fact supressed by spherical suprematists.

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Whowhawhere????

• Like Like x 1
  3. Avis

Avis TPF Noob!

In the box on the table... no, the other one...
    Oh, God! I knew this was going to happen. His brain's blown a fuse. It's only a 2 Watt job and he does insist on trying to plug it into the mains.
    Says it gives him a buzz. Dim bugger.
    I'll go and put the flames out. If the scorching isn't too bad he might be OK tomorrow after a wash.

4. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

I have a waffle-maker

5. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    yes!!! finally we have an intelligent discussion here!! thank you Graham!!! :D

and gosh.. we've been talking to you and listening to your philosophical words for a year now... uhh.. and do we behave like those orangutans??? yep... I'm afraid so... we send the coconut up there to make Chase chase it... and when he finds it... all the TPF discussion will coversate on the high level... never :D

6. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Actually the monkeys are mice in disguise my dear friend.
    Yonder ago the mice fell inlove with the cocunut, and so the great coconut wars broke out, and eventually the monkeys subdued the mice, and hid the 1 last coconut on the dark side of the moon.
    Now, dressed as monkeys, the mice try to get it back for their wise and magical king rabit, who is really a hamster...

7. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'll take one of those please! :lmao: :drunk: :lmao:

8. Marctwo

Marctwo TPF Noob!

Hmmm... seems someones been smoking banana skins again. :hertz:

9. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

wtf

yea...wtf is right...were you drunk when you wrote that or do i need to be drunk to understand it?

10. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :hertz:

11. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There once was a rumor around these parts about a monkey a mouse and a coconut. I remember hearing that the mouse and the monkey did fight over the coconut. As the battle neared a winless end, a very old, very wise orangutan approached the dueling pair.

"Over what has such a great fight broken out over to bring me here from my far off land?" the orangutan questioned. The mouse was quick to reply; "That monkey believes this coconut to be his god! But my family is so hungry, it will feed us for weeks!" The monkey, puffing out his chest and righteously boasting; "Who is this puny creature to question the wisdom of the monkeys!? This coconut IS our god and I will not have an inferior creature such as he and his family eat it!"

The orangutan pondered for many minutes over this dilemma. For the orangutan in his wisdom and many years never heard of such coconut worship. His pondering further perplexed him as the creatures of the jungle are quite respectful of the other's beliefs and there surely must be other things to eat for the mouse and his family.

Finally, his came to a solution...

12. Artemis

Artemis Just Punked Himself

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is the myth simplyfied down for children and is the basics of what happend, the mice, however, are still underleadership by the hamster...