Time for a new MOTW -----> PlasticSpanner!

What exactly do you do in your line of work? I have a fairly good idea, but I don't know exactly.

When you were 10, what did you want to be when your grew up?

Do you have any pictures of you when you were a kid? Can we see em?

OK. Good start I think. Next question, what other hobbies/interests/pastimes do you have outside of photography.

Are you interested in any particular periods of history and what are they?

What was the last book you read and who are your favourite authors?

Oh and can we have a photo of your back garden please?

Other hobbies? I have many interests but the ones I take an active part in are Road Rallying, radio control car racing (electric), Radio communications (mostly data) and astronomy.

I love the motorsport era of the 80's! Rallying was at it's peak with the monstrous group B cars like the Audi S1 and the mighty Metro 6R4. Formula 1 had real heros and true racing where overtaking was common & done on the track, not in the pitstops. British ralling was very popular and entries filled with names of that era now todays legends like Jim Clarke, Jimmy McRae & Russel Brooks and Road Rallies had close to 100 cars entered in each event, ran all night and used the more competetive Targa timing.

The last book I read would be Domain by James Herbert, Part of the excellent trilogy, The Rats, Lair and Domain. It must be the third or forth time I've read it!

Photo of the back garden? :lol: It's not really a garden anymore! I recently closed my joinery workshop to concentrate on general maintenance joinery & repairs and some of the machinery and stock is stored in a temporary shelter built onto the side my workshop/shed! Considering the back garden isn't very big these sheds now take up nearly all of it! In a few months the machinery is moving again (not easy moving 1 ton planers and saws!), the workshop is being replaced to accomodate a permanent observatory with slide off roof section and a lawn laid for the kids!

thats a lie and you know it!

whats your favourite bit of photographic kit?

That has to be my 85mm f1.8 lens for my Canon because it produces excellent pictures of the kids inside or outside!

Second favourite would be my Polaroid 340. It's like using a vintage medium format bellows rangefinder camera but with instant pictures!

What exactly do you do in your line of work? I have a fairly good idea, but I don't know exactly.

When you were 10, what did you want to be when your grew up?

Do you have any pictures of you when you were a kid? Can we see em?

Currently I run a building site where we're building a new house. The last one we did id on the market for £895,000 so these aren't really normal £200,000 houses! :lol:

I also still run my own joinery business which is currently aimed at commercial maintenance & limited to a few customers due to time constraints.

As for my trade? Well I'm primarily a joiner/carpenter/cabinet maker, but also competent in plumbing, bricklaying, plastering, welding and mechanical repairs with a sound understanding of building regulations, technical publications and AutoCad. Can I have that job now please? :lol:

What did I want to be when I was 10 years old? That would be around the time I was helping my Dad with his diy stuff. He said I would make a good Joiner one day but I wanted to be a Carpenter! :lol: I do know that when I was 14 I wanted a tool kit for Christmas and I got one along with a work bench & vice. For my exam peice at School I made a bigger, proper workbench which is still being used today in my Dads garage!

Oddly I don't have any pictures from when I was a kid. I think I must have been the problem child or just not the most favoured so what few photos there were are either lost or at my parents house. Probably the best place for them because from what I remember & had frizzy, curly blonde hair & looked like Shirley Temple! :lol:

and can we have a picture looking in your camera bag?

These are the cameras I use most often except for the Polaroid 340 and my Halina A1.

Camera-bag.jpg

The Fujica and the MTL50 + fittings/lenses are my telescope cameras. The BX20 is my main B&W film (& IR when I get round to it!) camera & lenses & the "Canon" bag is for my Canon EOS630 used for colour neg & transparency film and not shown obviously is my 400D.

So here is the inside of my fridge.

My-Fridge.jpg

(What were you expecting? :lol: )

This is the family fridge. This is the one Noah raids on a regular basis!

Family-Fridge.jpg

& embarrasingly this is the cheese shelf in the door! :lol:

Cheese-shelf.jpg

Do you ever find that you spend aaages drawing/trimming/copying and generally getting carried away with joining lines and faffing with part of a drawing on Autocad, only to zoom out by about 300% and remember it was the tiniest most insignificant pathetic little detail you can hardly even see? :banghead:

...or is that just me?

Do you ever find that you spend aaages drawing/trimming/copying and generally getting carried away with joining lines and faffing with part of a drawing on Autocad, only to zoom out by about 300% and remember it was the tiniest most insignificant pathetic little detail you can hardly even see? :banghead:

...or is that just me?

That's just you hun!

I use snaps & grids! :lol:

I do usually goto the extent of drawing door & window profiles which aren't seen on a 1:50 drawing, but I know they're there if I need to zoom in & check something! :thumbup:

It's good practice anyway! :D

Awwww, how cute! Now one of Georgia!

Btw, have I ever told you that you have an absolutely beautiful family?

Well, ya do! And ya better tell Vicky I said that!

ok....

Why did u choose the name plastic spanner?

My forum names used to be either Lucifer or Immortal! I chose PS for this forum for three reasons.

1, You really do get a plastic tool kit including spanners in a Team Associated radio control car kit, which I race!

2. It was kinda a reference to the (British?) saying, "About as much use as a plastic spanner"

3. It doesn't sound as aggressive or offensive as it does on other forums & gaming sites! (I'm also a lot more polite on this forum too! :bigangel: )

:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back