Time lapse photography...

DoofClenas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
douthittfamily.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone have any tips or tricks on how to do this. We used to have a guy at work that would set up his camera during work gatherings, and have his camera (hooked up to his powerbook laptop) take photos every 30-60 seconds...he'd then put them together in quicktime...

any ideas on the software, or the controller he may have used.

Sorry if I'm not much help, but it's gotta be better than nothing...lol.

I just bought an EOS 10s, it has this feature (from what I've read, it's one of the only EOS cameras that does). It's called "[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]intervalometer", google that term - you should get some results.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Please check www.universaltimer.com

It is a photographic camera and flash timer that would allow you to do time lapse as well as high speed photography. It comes pre-programmed with Canon RC-1 (Digital Rebel Cameras) as well as Nikon ML-L3 codes (D40(x)/D50/D70s/D80).

The unit can also learn infra-red codes from other cameras, similar to a universal TV remote. This way you can use virtually any camera for time lapse photography.

You can set the delay from few ms to hours. Attached is a picture of 4 drops taken one after another with an increasing delay:

water_drop.jpg

I know that the Canon cameras come with software that will allow you to do this. See if your Olympus did, or if there's any software downloadable from the Olympus website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back