Time to buy a good camera! HELP!!!

Just a simple explanation of a statement the Village Idiot took as a shot against his favorite brand.

50 years worth of lenses are available for D40, D40x,and D60 users...

50 millionth Nikkor lens was just produced...

In fairness to Canon, one of the MAIN reasons I felt okay buying my first two Canon bodies, the 20D then the 5D soon after, was that Canon d-slr cameras accept Nikkor lenses with inexpensive adapters, so I was able to shoot Nikkor lenses on my Canon cameras. Being able to use the incredible 85/1.4, 105 f/2 AF-D Defocus COntrol, 135 Defocus Control, and many other Nikkor lenses was a very strong factor in my decision to buy a couple of Canon bodies.

The Canon EF mount adapts to several lens mounts via glassless,non-degrading adapters, so Olympus OM mount, Pentax M42 thread, Leica R, Yashica/Contax,and Nikon F-mount lenses can easily be used on a digital Canon body. The long lens-to-film plane register distance makes Canon's EF mount an excellent design for utilizing lenses made by other companies. There is no glass-free Canon FD to EF mount adapter,which is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Here we go again ...

Nikon sucks. Canon rulz. :er:

Oh wait, They still use CCD sensors in their entry level cameras which are insanely worse at producing clean images without lots of noise once you start to turn the ISO up.

Oh wait....there's that whole over-exaggerating things again...

And they won't auto focus with all of Nikon's current lens line up like every other manufacture out there. Trying to AF at f/1.8 is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!111!!!! OMG?!?!!? It's the oh-pock-oh-lips!!!>!<!231@#!SFASF :D

Just a simple explanation of a statement the Village Idiot took as a shot against his favorite brand.

50 years worth of lenses are available for D40, D40x,and D60 users...

50 millionth Nikkor lens was just produced...

Actually, my favorite brands are currently Hasselblad and Profoto, but since I don't have $12,000 for an entry level medium format camera and $20,000 for a decent studio setup, I'll just stick with what I have for now.

Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker

Once Ken tested a camera, he said I cant even put Canon on this one,thats how Pentax was born

Sorry, this thread just made me remember this

It was his opinion, does it have to turn into yet another brand 'N' vs brand 'C' war?

Good grief.

(Edited since I admittedly know nothing about Canon systems.) :)

I always wonder about someone with such a one-track mind. A childhood accident, perhaps?

Thanks for some of the advice guys, shame it has to turn into a brand war but hey ho.

Jedo and Plato, I understand your concerns about jumping in the depend with a reasonable SLR setup but one thing I forgot to mention is that I will also be using the camera for astrophotography so I need a very good camera with long exposure to mount on my telescope. As I am investing in such a device I just think it would be criminal not to buy some nice lenses and follow a long term dream of being able to learn to take nice pro quality photos. BTW I exaggerated a little about just having a mobile phone level knowledge, I graduated in video production so I know a bit about composition and some technical stuff just with video also my brother is a very keen amateur and a friend of mine is a pro. Reason I am asking on here is that I am abroad and don't manage to contact them often.

Was that setup I saw on ebay ok?

that ebay looks like a good deal.
about a year and a half ago i was thinking of getting something to,i had a canon AE1 a long time ago,so i walked into sears and they had a close out on 350ds out the door $268 with tax how could i pass that up,i found that i am back in to it and now have a 50d to and a back up 350d and some of my biker pictures are in the abate news letter.
i think some are saying not to spend to much till you see if you like it

Maybe Plato simply meant that, as mentioned, more of Nikon's lenses are backward compatible due to the mount....

VI, I'm tired of your sarcastic and non-contributory posts. If you've got such a sore spot over the Beginner's Forum, then maybe it would be beneficial if you just stayed out of it. I certainly hope that novices don't read your drivel and actually take any of it literally.

Maybe Plato simply meant that, as mentioned, more of Nikon's lenses are backward compatible due to the mount....

VI, I'm tired of your sarcastic and non-contributory posts. If you've got such a sore spot over the Beginner's Forum, then maybe it would be beneficial if you just stayed out of it. I certainly hope that novices don't read your drivel and actually take any of it literally.

I hope they don't read any of the replies stating that one camera company is the best and how all the other suck by people that are actually serious about that. Of course, if you read threads besides "which brand is better", you'll see some sort of actual helpfulness. Then again, if you're tired of it, there is the ignore feature.

Thanks for some of the advice guys, shame it has to turn into a brand war but hey ho.

Jedo and Plato, I understand your concerns about jumping in the depend with a reasonable SLR setup but one thing I forgot to mention is that I will also be using the camera for astrophotography so I need a very good camera with long exposure to mount on my telescope. As I am investing in such a device I just think it would be criminal not to buy some nice lenses and follow a long term dream of being able to learn to take nice pro quality photos. BTW I exaggerated a little about just having a mobile phone level knowledge, I graduated in video production so I know a bit about composition and some technical stuff just with video also my brother is a very keen amateur and a friend of mine is a pro. Reason I am asking on here is that I am abroad and don't manage to contact them often.

Was that setup I saw on ebay ok?

Er...In that case, I think the member Astrostu is on here, a DSLR that has video may be the way to go. He was explaining something about how using video to capture and then pulling frames and stacking them would be a very good way to get a good photo while doing astro photography. Search his name for recent post.

found it:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-7d-realesed-instant-boner-4.html#post1694497

I hope they don't read any of the replies stating that one camera company is the best and how all the other suck by people that are actually serious about that.

So because you're not serious(and I'm aware that you're not), that makes it ok?

You've bitched on and on about the problems with this site... Yet you're adding to the problem, not helping to solve it.

Oh wait, They still use CCD sensors in their entry level cameras which are insanely worse at producing clean images without lots of noise once you start to turn the ISO up.

OH NO!!!! You better tell Hasselblad quick! They are making so many cameras that are inferior because they use CCD sensors!!!

I agree...

"VI" = Village Idiot:lol:
Also = Verbal Incontinence...
I just looked at the last 30 posts VI made and only ONE (possibly two) actually contain any information that is relevant to this whole forum...
So give it a rest VI, - you are embarrassing the real Village Idiots...

OH NO!!!! You better tell Hasselblad quick! They are making so many cameras that are inferior because they use CCD sensors!!!

But they're only good up to about ISO 400 according to everything I believe on the internet.

But they're only good up to about ISO 400 according to everything I believe on the internet.

Well then it must be true. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back