Time to jump in the water

boris152

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I've been reading this site for days now, and it's time to take the plunge. I've read many, many more forums than I've ever posted to, simply because so few have the wonderful and helpful environment they only claim to have. TPF looks like the greatest thing since penny-arcade! :)

I recently passed the one-year mark of rabid interest in photography. My gear includes a Canon (with one "n") Rebel XT, a 430ex (nicknamed "Flash-zilla" at home) and a smooth 28-135mm image stabalized time stealer. I haven't made any big purchases since that lens, and I'm trying my hardest to keep it that way, though the word "macro" floats above my head in my sleep, fenced in with more angry dollar signs.

I'm a recent college grad living back home in the middle of nowhere (read 2.5 hours west of Chicago), with half a mind to try substitute teaching (or die trying, whatever the case may be).

I'll shut my wordy mouth now. Thank you, everyone, for putting up with me, and thank you for giving me a place to spend my late evening hours.

Hey Boris, welcome to ThePhotoForum.
It's fun to read what comes out of your "wordy mouth", so just keep talking, if you so please, or start POSTING PICS! That would be even more fun! :D With all the gear you have (sounds like it is more than I have ... almost), you MUST have taken the odd good photo by now. Come and share!

Thanks for the welcome. As for posting photos, I have to admit I find it a little intimidating sharing them, but then, that's why I chose TPF in the first place. Intimidationless . . . ness . . .
Er, :D

Watch for photos to come. In the mean time, sleep is the order of the evening . . .

Hello Boris and welcome. I am pretty new myself but you have come to a place with many friendly people.

Welcome aboard, make yourself at home.

Welcome aboard Boris! :D

Most reactions

Back