Time2Envy... ?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by AlexPhoto1, Apr 18, 2010.

1. AlexPhoto1

AlexPhoto1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hello.. Sorry for making another thread so quickly it is just my mom really wants me to cover my bases... On ebay there is a seller called Time2Envy... The exact link of the product I want to purchase is this Pentax K-X Digital SLR Camera & 18-55mm Lens White NEW on eBay.ca (item 300416119311 end time 09-May-10 14:07:12 EDT)

It is almost a too good to be true sale... I mean on B&H the body only is 529.99... Has anyone bought from Time2Envy in the past? And if so what is your feedback?

Thanks alot..

2. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Maybe white isn't a hot seller. LOL

The seller is in New York, many of the scam companies are in new york. Not sure about that seller in particular, but I'd rather have piece of mind and buy from B&H, Adorama, etc

Read their feedback.... 6 negatives in the last month alone. 22 in the last 6 months......I'd avoid that place.

3. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
  4. AlexPhoto1

AlexPhoto1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That made me lol

Well I might go with B&H .. its only 40$ more for a body only but I have to pay like 30$ Shipping because I live in Canada -_- well I prefer have a camera and pay bit extra then not have one

5. Montana

Montana TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So are you gonna get a white one? If I had one, I would dress up like a storm trooper from Star Wars.

6. AlexPhoto1

AlexPhoto1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    LOL I don't know.. Probably black.. But then again your idea is pretty good.. *Thinks*..

7. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    Outside of the major stores.. Adorama, Calumet, BH, almost every NY area based store I have every seen with published prices that are too good to be true are a scam.

Time2Envy / time2envy.com - stores.ebay.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

If you look at the reviews, they are either 5 or 1, I bet all the 5's are shills who work for the scam operation.

Also, keep in mind that historically the profit margins are camera equipment are very slim. You will rarely see lower pricing on new products from small shops. This is in part are reason why legit small shops go out of business... slim profit margins, large retail competition (best buy for ex), and dropping services (no film development / service).

8. AlexPhoto1

AlexPhoto1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks Usayit.. I will most probably order off B&H.. Amazon.com has the best price but since I live in canada and this is in effect Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. I am out of luck.

I hate amazon.ca it has nothing ! It needs more merchandise...

Thanks
    Alex

9. pbelarge

pbelarge TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    HEY...lets not pick on NY. :thumbdown:
    Some of the best stores are also in NY. :thumbup:

Scams can be had in someones garage in a remote location...just be careful when purchasing from any name company that seems too good to be true.

10. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Generally speaking if start reading of bait and switch connected to a store you might as well walk away from that shop. All shops will get bad reviews from time to time - things get lost in the post, packages miss sent, mess ups at the warehouse etc.... - however you don't accidentally bait and switch someone - that is a shop policy and if you read of it it means you are going to get caught by it. As a result you'll either end up paying far more for what you think you've ordered and might get the product - or you'll end up being told that its back ordered or not available any more if you don't jump through their hoops and pay more.