Timed Shutter Release Cables

SnappingShark

Always learning.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so I have a Nikon D7100, and I use the MCDC2 cable a fair amount. It's simple but doesn't have the capability to do multiple exposures for time lapse.

What are my options for a reliable timed shutter release cable with this capability - do Nikon make one and what is the proper term for it?

Also, what do you use? :)

The D7100 has the ability to take time lapse photos built in. See page 145 of your owner's manual.

OK, How about if I wanted to set my shutter speed to 30 minutes? every 45 minutes - and not be around? ;)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I believe they are called Intervelometers... my spelling sucks so take it or leave it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hahnel-Giga...8&sr=8-1&keywords=hahnel+remote+control+nikon

I have this one and have love it so astrophotography purposes and setting the exposures when i want with the amount of time between each shot etc. It dont say on that website its for use with D7100 but on my box there is a red sticker saying also compatible with Nikon p7800 / D7100, D5300 / D610.

There is couple of faults with it that I do find annoying. the remote control auto shuts of after about 1 minute to save power, But the receiver has no such thing and have found it left on many times now but still using the same battery so guess its not so big of a problem. When i was outside at minus 25 the hand remote didnt really like it and was hard to read the screen solved the problem by holding it in hand in pocket. But the next time i went out that cold i programmed it before leaving the house so all i had to do was press start when i set everything up.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back