Times You Wish You Had Your Camera

I was an AIDs Buddy and my 'cliient' was dying (An AIDs Buddy spends time with an very sick person to give his usual care providers some respite and do some chores if necessary) and I sat there with him and his family through his last night.

Low lights, grieving family, dog crouching on foot of bed - all very dramatic - but there was no way I could bring myself to get the camera from the case.

i intern for a major newspaper and news website....and I was driving home from work one day and a huge accident happened on the highway like 20 cars ahead of me.

As I drove by slowly, there were so many awesome photo ops! People getting out of the car, holding their head (no one was seriously injured), two people hugging, smashed up cars. I could have pulled over, taken photos, interviewed the people involved, and have an exclusive package for my boss. I would have been a hero....

but nooooooooooo.... i didn't have a camera

I have had to travel twice in 7 years for work. Just after Thanksgiving, I rented a car and drove from Pennsylvania to somewhere in the middle of Indiana just off of I-80. At that time, I had no more than an old 2 mp camera that I took with me.

My travel was literally 5 minutes to the interstate, 8 hours on the interstate, and again 5 minutes off the interstate at my destination. On the way home, somewhere coming out of Indiana into Ohio, folks up ahead were moving over into the far left lane and slowing down. There was a slight bend along with a retaining wall. As we curved around the bend, an Indiana State trooper (or Ohio, can't remember which side of the line it was) was on the side of the road with his lights on. Further ahead, I see the reason. A pickup truck pulling a small camper trailer sat on the side in an inferno. That baby was just blazing away. And where was my little camera? Packed tightly away in a bag in the trunk :grumpy:

One time an F117 flew over my head, so low that I could read the writing on the side of it. I SURE wish I had ANY camera ready when that happened.

One time an F117 flew over my head, so low that I could read the writing on the side of it. I SURE wish I had ANY camera ready when that happened.

Wow, I had three aircraft fly over me this after noon...sadly they where not stealth fighters....just single engine props. I think they where either training crop dusters/mosquito sprayers or an air race.

But I had my camera so it doesnt count :D

However I did wish I had more than a POS digi P-shooter on my way to work tonght :(

Yesterday I was in NYC protesting Kosovo's Independence and I being the genius I am brought my camera but left my battery at home, I took it out to charge the night before and I forgot to grab it in the morning.

sometimes when i see car accidents. today i saw a messed up guard rail with pieces of a car all over the place. I wanted my camera then.

Saturday night, Hillary Clinton was on Saturday Night Live. Today, Hillary was in Ohio. I live in northwestern Pennsylvania just off of Interstate 80. Now I would think that I-80 would be a logical path to follow if I was flying a helicopter from New York to Ohio.

Yesterday, I heard what I thought was LifeFlight flying over because they fly over all the time. Instead, I went outside to see 4 very large, very sleek, very black, and very executive looking helicopters coming directly over the house. This time I did have my camera, but didn't have much time to set anything up with it.

2309140750_1cffe11fb3.jpg

3 of the 4 flying away.....

2309142468_1748e18796.jpg

When I thought about the possibility of it being Hillary, I wasn't sure what to shoot them with, my camera or..... :taped sh:

I work for a company that manufactures wind turbines. About a month after starting the job I took a trip to a site in TX where I could walk right up to the base of the tower and kick it if I wanted to. I had a P&S camera with me and got some 'ok' shots but I was pretty bummed that I didn't have the dSLR (with polarizers, ND filter, tripod) cuz I know I could've gotten some cool motion blur shots with the blades spinning.

Luckily I'll have more opportunities like this as well as a chance to climb the tower and stand on top of the turbine so I'll make SURE to have the dSLR when that happens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back