Timon

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Makini, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Makini

Makini TPF Noob!

Hey guys!

I'm new here, and this is my first uploaded photograph. It's my cat Timon sitting neatly in a basket, with his tounge out. I took it in the middle of summer - in the one and only second he sat still - and actually I was quite satisfied with the result.

Yet I'm a newbie and need to develop as a photographer - as everyone else - so I want you criticism. Be mean, thank you :wink:

///Makini

http://db2.fotocommunity.de/ram/new/2314427.jpg

2. tmpadmin

tmpadmin TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    403 Forbidden

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Such a pity that his tongue, i.e. the little feature you're specifically pointing out in your introduction, is out of focus. His ears are best in focus.
    But I do agree that it is very difficult to get a good close-up of one's cat. (It's difficult for me, anyway, my cat cat always comes running up to me as soon as I point my camera in her direction and bumps her head right into the lense - toooooo close close-up!!!)

4. sillyphaunt

sillyphaunt TPF Noob!

Aww.. Its a sweet photo.. I like the bakground and the basket adds something. The only criticism I would have is what Foto said, the bottom half of the face is out of focus. Other than that its a very cute shot.

5. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

I got the 403 Forbidden as well.

6. jadin

jadin The Mad Hatter

I am not allowed... 403.

7. JackTheTripper

JackTheTripper TPF Noob!

Yup, same here. Back of head and ears in focus.

Copy URL & paste in new window.

8. Makini

Makini TPF Noob!

Yeah, I know about the bad focus, yet that sure was hard - considering he only sat still for like one sec. If the focus was better, what else could I have done to improve it?

9. Replic

Replic TPF Noob!

Great colors and nice shot for the cat- but unfortunately anything right below its eyes starts to get fuzzy and out of focus. I've tried photographing dogs before, so I certainly know the headaches that can be produced when you're trying to get the animal to cooperate.

Try some still lifes- I still do most of these. It helps me master basic photography skills and has increased my photo editing skills on the computer tenfold since I started.

For the pictures you take, I suggest you learn how to photoshop them. If you can't get your hands on photoshop, go to http://www.gimp.org and download the GIMP, a free graphical program I use.

Hope to see more pictures from you coming soon!