Tines

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My buddy and I went around the town of historic Abingdon to take some pictures. On the way out, we stopped by a farm, and poked around while trespassing and found all of this wonderful farm equipment. We were in a bit of a rush to snap what pics we could before being shot for trespassing, and this is one that I liked. It could have been framed better, but under the circumstances, I think it came out alright. I believe this to be a hay bailer.
I found the "tines" of the bailer to make an interesting design.

I will now sit back and enjoy the thrashing. (if interested, I have posted some pics of historic Abingdon for your review in the gallery section... http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24218)

Thrasher.jpg

Hertz, thanks for the lesson. I've lived in SW Virginia all my life, but as you can see, never worked on a farm.
I was looking for some critique of the picture. What do you think of the framing, composition, form, conversion to b/w, etc? Overall, I am pleased with the way it came out. I would have preferred to had it a little better centered, but when you're trespassing, but take the shots you can and leave. It's pretty difficult to make anything more than just an interesting shot with a hay turner.

Johnboy2978 said:
Overall, I am pleased with the way it came out. I would have preferred to had it a little better centered
You did the best you could under the circumstances and you are happy with the results.
That statement kinda kills the crit. People will either agree with you or disagree with you, but you've already made up your mind.
As you are happy with the image I'm going to move it to the Gallery where people like me will tell you that it's a good picture ;)

What is wrong with just putting a picture in the critique section, telling a story of where it came from and let others judge if they like it or not and why? I thought that was the point of the critique section. Actually, I don't even think the story is relevant. This intent of this picture wasn't to try to make a statement about anything. I just liked the geometry of it basically. I think by having to justify why you are posting a pic to the critique section is going to deter a lot of nice photography from being posted, viewed, and therefore enjoyed by others, which is the point of this anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back