Tiny baby shots for C&C

pony

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple pics of my fiend's new baby
Any critique or advice would be appreciated. I have never taken pics of a newborn before
Thanks

3932306098_664ded9bd6_b.jpg

3931532821_2079d2fed2_b.jpg

4033004817_4040ed1936_b.jpg

3932300088_d00f77580e_b.jpg

3932300970_1906bb9ea6_b.jpg

That is a very cute wee one. :)

1- Love the facial expression, and the wrinkled little forehead. This is a good "pose" as it's familiar and a typical position to see wee babies sleeping in. Watch the toes, they've been cropped off. :) I find the couch distracting, mostly because we can see the arm and past the couch in the upper right, but it's not overly so. The biggest problem I see with this shot is that the baby's sleeper is very blown out.

2- I love the feeling in shots like this, you really can't go wrong with mother and sleeping baby. :) I think this shot would have benefited from you shifting your position more to the left, in front of mom. It would feel more intimate that way, and you would get less distracting background. Again, baby's sleeper is blown out. I struggle with blown highlights on light clothing myself.

3- Baby's sleeper is much better exposed in this one! :) I think shooting from a higher perspective might have improved this shot. The framing feels uncomfortable with mommy being chopped off at top and bottom. I like to climb up on chairs when I shoot people lol

4, 5- are very similar so I will C&C together. I like the angle of 5 better, and it is nice to see that soft pink in the baby's skin. :) The depth of focus is too shallow in these shots. Notice how the nose is in focus and then it blurs out towards the edges of the face? It's usually better to have all of a face in focus. I also find myself wishing I could see that hand in focus.

All in all, I bet the new parents love them and I hope you keep shooting that little cutie!

Most reactions

Back