Tiny beetle

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tiny beetle about the size of a poppy seed. Tried shooting in manual and a set focus point. +1 exposure bias. I think the hot spots are a combination of a shinny surface on the beetle and a requirement for additional flash diffusion. Interesting pattern on it's back.

DEA_3244.jpg

DEA_3251.jpg

DEA_3262.jpg

DEA_3267.jpg

DEA_3268.jpg

Today's setup.
DSC_0137.JPG

Nice! One thing I hate about insects is trying to identify them. Infinity more difficult than bird ID's. I think this is a variety Leaf Tortoise beetle.

Nice! One thing I hate about insects is trying to identify them. Infinity more difficult than bird ID's. I think this is a variety Leaf Tortoise beetle.

Thanks Brent. I check out leaf tortoises and there sure are a lot of different kinds. Most are much more attractive than this guy .

Nicely done; you should be able to get their ID when they sign the model release! ;)

What are those light units you're using?

Nicely done; you should be able to get their ID when they sign the model release! ;)

What are those light units you're using?

Thanks, and that was funny.
Those are the two SB-R200 flashes that come with the Nikon R1C1 kit, mounted on fixable arms instead of the lens ring that comes with the kit.

Most reactions

Back