Tiny Driftwood

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Lungfarmer, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Lungfarmer

Lungfarmer TPF Noob!

Took some pics of this little tiny piece of gnarled driftwood I've had for years. It's a neat little thing that goes from brown to grey in color as it twists. I was trying to figure out some decent lighting, as I have problems with that indoors it seems. I really have no lighting set-up just one small spot that I cover with different fabrics that I've treated with uh, fire retardant, heh heh.

I like this one the best. I think the colors and lighting came out good. I don't really like the little part that comes out to you though, kind of wish that wasn't there, heh heh.
    [​IMG]

These next 2 I had used the lighting in my downstairs bathroom before I'd taken the one above. After taking these two I realized I needed to get out of that harsh light. Think there's too much DOF in these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I will do another set with better lighting... once I get my camera to start working again, heh heh.

2. photobug

photobug TPF Noob!

I like these. I don't think the DOF is too big, more the angle of it. Because you are sort of end-on you get the fabric in focus. If you were more above and shooting down that would be less so. Depends on the effect you're going for.