Tip for cleaning your lenses...

Big

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I came across this sweet item in my grandfather's old camera bag. Back in the day, he used a small can of dust off to use for cleaning his lenses. There is even some left in it. It works great for getting rid of dust on the lens instead of using those little blow brushes that come in kits.
EDIT: If someone has heard of this keep it to yourself! Let me have this one!! I'm proud to be able to help someone! hahaha :lmao:

Works great on lenses but DO NOT use it on your sensor.

I haven't yet but thanks for the heads up. What's the reasoning? What do you clean it with besides the built in cleaning system? Does it wreck the flourine on the sensor?

I haven't yet but thanks for the heads up. What's the reasoning? What do you clean it with besides the built in cleaning system? Does it wreck the flourine on the sensor?

Introduction - Cleaning Digital Cameras - D-SLR Sensor Cleaning.

Cleaning sensors by Thom Hogan

VisibleDust - DSLR Camera Sensor Cleaning

This should give you more than you ever wanted to know. I use an arctic butterfly when my Giotto Rocket doesn't do the job. It seems expensive until you pay for a couple of cleaning trips to your local camera store.

Thanks icassell! Hopefully I wont need to do that for a while, I'm paranoid of dust and always keep a cap on the lens when not in use (front and rear cap) and also the cap on the body when there's no lens on it.

:O you got your camera!! :D
Congrats
Nice gear you got there :)
Yeah dont use pressurised air to clean the sensor, the CF chemicals in the can will take special solutions off your sensor thus meaning your sensor probably wont work + air just blows the dust around (same with rockets) but it is good as a temporary fix, but some dirt just doesn't come off with the blower so it calls for swabs or a brush (swabs in bad cases)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back