tip the pizza guy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by nikon90s, Nov 15, 2006.

?

how much to tip on a large

1. zero

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. $1 - $2

33.3%
  3. $2 - $3

50.0%
  4. more then $4

16.7%
  1. nikon90s

nikon90s TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    ok I just wanted to know how much do other people tip the pizza guy? I give him/her a buck or two and my friend told me I needed to tip more. I just got one large (11.99) so what would you tip?

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I chose $1-2....but....if I were to order a pizza to be delivered...he'd only have to walk two doors down. :p

3. Shakka Brah

Shakka Brah TPF Noob!

I am lazy and dont like change. If a pie was 11.99 Id give him 15.00. But thats just me. Depending on what the change is and my combination of bills he gets 2-3 and change.

That is of course as long as it doesnt take forever and it is still hot.

4. bitteraspects

bitteraspects TPF Noob!

well said

5. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Once I forgot to tip the delivery guy...i closed the door and was looking at the change in my hand when all my brothers and sisters yelled at me for not tipping him.

Oops. :mrgreen:

6. astrostu

astrostu Guest

While growing up at home (I'm 23 for perspective, so during the '90s), my mom set out a $1 tip. I always felt kinda bad. In college, we would call out fairly frequently (a few times a month) for pizza or Chinese. Since there would be several of us chipping in, we would usually each put in a $1 tip, so tipping around $3-4 on a $15-20 meal. Now on my own and on a more stringent budget, I've only called out once in the last year and a half, and even though they got my order wrong (price-wise), I still tipped the guy $3 on a $17 (should have been $12, but it wasn't the delivery guy's fault) order.

Especially if they're older (as in not a teenager), then I almost feel bad for the delivery guy/gal that that's the only work they could find, and so try to tip relatively well. I figure that even if I'm on a budget, their's is probably tighter.

7. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

I always tip good. usually around $3.50-$4.00. My wifa asked me why one time, I said "didn't you notice that we get our pizza around 20min now instead of 45min." They remeber who tips and who doesn't.

8. Ripnowell45

Ripnowell45 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    All through high school and college I valet parked and lived off tips... This is how I show people how to tip. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you drive 3-5 miles and waste your gas at $2.00 a gallon to deliver a pizza for $.50 each way. Hell no! I usually try to tip around 3-5 dollars depending on how far they have to go and what time it is. I live near a college and there is a place that delivers until 6AM. When I get home from the bar and have them come out at like 3 or 4 I tip $5 no less.

9. treehuggerhikerboy

treehuggerhikerboy TPF Noob!

I usually tip really well, unless the service is absolutely awful. And like the above poster said, if they're older, I tip more...bums me out that they have to take a job like that, but I admire their tenacity. Most times, those few dollars mean more to them than me.

10. skyonfire

skyonfire TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have to agree with Kevin. My hubby used to deliver pizza when we were first dating. Trust me, if he knew there was a good tip waiting on him... he got there as fast as possible.

11. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just go and pick it up myself. :p

12. joyride

joyride TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Im with littleman. Being in college, I need every last dollar. I prefer to just get it myself. Also, I know several delivery guys, and they come home easily on a thursday/friday/saturday with $250 in tips alone. That doesnt include the $6.50 an hour plus $2 for every delivery they make.