Tips for groups/oh god, what did I get myself into?!

Well, here is the best of the group shots. I'm still trying to mend where my background didn't cover. Maybe try to learn how to remove the red cheeks on the baby?

I am not happy that the little girl is in shadow, I did try to move her, but well, the guys heads in the back moved and messed everything up. I made the mistake of shooting with my 50mm, I THOUGHT I could do it, but it made things a little tight. I think the smaller groups turned out a little better, I'll post those as I edit them, but I suppose they should go into a new thread in the gallery?

C&c welcome, and truly valued.
16091690635_604b5fb53e_b_d.jpg

Not bad at all! A second light camera left would definitely have helped, but I think with a little more careful processing you can reduce that shadow.

I'd say this is pretty good. In fact, VERY good.

Not bad at all! A second light camera left would definitely have helped, but I think with a little more careful processing you can reduce that shadow.

I'd say this is pretty good. In fact, VERY good.

Thanks guys! I was REALLY nervous going in. I don't think it showed though. Hopefully not! Luckily it was a GREAT looking family, and everyone was easy to work with except the two little boys!

That turned out really good! Nice job! Those two boys, not easy to work with?? But, but they're angels…..haha

Ready for a group of 60 now?

That turned out really good! Nice job! Those two boys, not easy to work with?? But, but they're angels…..haha

Ready for a group of 60 now?
HAHAH! NEVER!!! I nearly hyperventilated going into this!

Most of your anxiety seems to be for naught; I think you did a wonderful job. I'd certainly bring a crowd to you to photograph. I'd even pay you a fair amount (and I'm a cheap %*$^!*&) :winksexy:

Most of your anxiety seems to be for naught; I think you did a wonderful job. I'd certainly bring a crowd to you to photograph. I'd even pay you a fair amount (and I'm a cheap %*$^!*&) :winksexy:
AWW Thanks! Thats quite a compliment. But really, only for hopes that I show up in a toga right? ;-)

AWW Thanks! Thats quite a compliment. But really, only for hopes that I show up in a toga right? ;-)

That would get you a bigger tip! Looking forward to seeing some of the small group shots.

That would get you a bigger tip! Looking forward to seeing some of the small group shots.
probably tomorrow! I almost posted then tonight, but then I remembered I always edit weird when I'm tired so I'd better give it a fresh eye in the morning!

Recover the shadows a bit more, and spend time evening out the girl on the left and the guys in the back and I'd say you have a real winner.

good job! How'd you end up lighting this?

Trying using a selective color layer on the kids cheeks, alter the reds a bit.

Got any frames where the kids are looking at the camera with good poses? If so, I'd consider swapping faces around.

No c&c, just a pat on the back for a nice job under less than ideal conditions. This is a great family photo and I'm sure they will be very happy with it. It doesn't hurt that they're an attractive bunch!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back