Tips for Wedding Portfolio

emberleo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions on how to build a wedding portfolio? Who to contact, where to post, etc.

I'm willing to do a few weddings for free to build my portfolio. I'm just having trouble getting the right clients. Especially since I'm new to the area I live in. Thanks in advance.

pop.gif

Limited information is limited.

Where do you live and what's wrong with your current clientele?

If you have been shooting weddings.. don't you have a portfolio from where you used to shoot?

Yes I've thought of that. And I'd love to second shoot though I've heard most don't allow you to use the pictures in your portfolio.

I'm not clear: Have you ever shot a wedding before? If you have, then what's wrong the images from those? If not then yes, definitely go with the second-shooting idea. Do you currently have a photography business and watn to expand, or.... ?

OP, are you interested in answering any of the questions posed in others' posts?

Yes, I've shot one wedding. I've been a photographer for 10 years. If I were shooting weddings I'd have a portfolio yes? Lol

I'm looking to build a wedding portfolio so I can start a wedding specific business. Now I've heard that most people shoot friends etc to build their portfolio. Some say to second shoot though in reality that's not a great option because most professional photographers won't allow you to use your pics in a portfolio. So, I posted here for any out of the box ideas you guys might have, considering I'm new to town and can't use people I know for weddings.

Yes, I've shot one wedding. I've been a photographer for 10 years. If I were shooting weddings I'd have a portfolio yes? Lol

I'm looking to build a wedding portfolio so I can start a wedding specific business. Now I've heard that most people shoot friends etc to build their portfolio. Some say to second shoot though in reality that's not a great option because most professional photographers won't allow you to use your pics in a portfolio. So, I posted here for any out of the box ideas you guys might have, considering I'm new to town and can't use people I know for weddings.

When you say you have been a photographer for ten years... what was your specialty? Might have some ideas there....

ever thought about being a second shooter for more experienced photographers to build your portfolio?

Agree. Try to become a 2nd shooter for a photographer. I hate when people give it away for free. Not good for the industry at all!

Yes I've thought of that. And I'd love to second shoot though I've heard most don't allow you to use the pictures in your portfolio.

You've heard wrong. Have you even tried or discussed with a reputable photographer on being a 2nd shooter?

You've heard wrong. Have you even tried or discussed with a reputable photographer on being a 2nd shooter?

I must admit. This had me scratching my head (and not because of my head lice):scratch:

If I were taken on as a second by a professional wedding photographer and he/she tried to tell me that I couldn't use my own images for my own personal portfolio I'd laugh in his/her face as before telling him/her exactly which part of my anatomy they would be welcome to become orally intimate with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back