Tips & Tricks for Heels with Bling?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got a big job coming up that requires me to shoot product images of stripper heels: platform stilettos, rhinestones, clear plastic, black, red, shiny, blingy.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks to make the rhinestones sparkle without over exposing the entire image? It's definitely a challenge. I could lose this job if I don't get it just right and the client wants the rhinestones to shine! I imagine, the shoes should look like luxury cars with little rhinestones on them. Does that make sense?

I have: a lightbox, 4 floods, and one speedlite.

Any tips would be helpful. I'll be spending most of tomorrow working it out, but thought I'd ask you pros :)

Yes.

You should have at least 1 off camera flash or more, but the starburst effect will happen if you close down your aperture to it's smallest (numerically highest) setting when taking pictures.

You could also add those little sparkles and starburst effects via photoshop, but that's almost like cheating. ;)

Thanks Jerry! I'll give it a shot.

You're right about cheating. I'd like to figure it out on camera BEFORE I resort to Photoshop. More fun that way. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back