Tired of me yet?

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Original:
284147653_b43c6e7823.jpg

I'm presuming that you will not like the background because it's to distracting (see... I'm learning... thanks to you) so...
289742129_8ce57a77e1.jpg

And how about this?
291080420_f7ae09fb5f.jpg

Thank for your comments

I would suggest that you wait after raining or you spray some water on the leaf of the flower to take a photo.

Regards
Leigh

I wouldn't think anyone would be "tired of you" because this is a forum for helping and encouraging others in photography.

As for the pictures..

I'm no expert, but the last two are the best. The second one is a lot darker, which brings out the flower, rather than the background. Yes, the first one brings out the background more, but the second one brings our the flower. My eye is drawn to the flower. The white center, which is what you'd want if the flower is your focal point. As for the third, I know that a lot here kinda don't like selective coloring, but this is a really good job of it..in fact, the selective coloring makes the photo more interesting...The 3rd is my favorite, for the record. Keep them coming. :)

I love the second one and well, you can resort to my signature for the third.

i like the first one - the original.
others are not real.
if you wanna make something like on 2nd photo you have to close the aperture and zoom, focused on a flower. or use lensababies HAhahaha!! =))

I like these captures, nice color, saturation. I think that we learn from "flower" photography. I know that I certainly went through my flower stage, they're great subjects,as well as nice images.

Actually I don't think that the background in your original is too distracting since it is part of the flower, it belongs to the flower and it is only leaves, no other blossoms or half-blossoms competing with this one in the same frame, so why not leave it as it is?

You can, of course, adjust your aperture (open it up) if you want such shallow depth of focus or depth of field (DOF) that the leaves blur themselves and leave only the flower in good focus.

And for greeting cards or something as special as that you may also and on occasion resort to selective colouring but I would not suggest you overdo that. It should be reserved for something extraordinary. Your selective colouring here would work with some writing across the leaves on the right in the same colour, I imagine.

IMHO you have them posted in the order of "goodness" The first is the best. The second is alright but something just feels odd. The third, wow, it just looks like a black and white picture of some leaves with a colored picture of a flower cut and pasted over top of it.

What are you shooting with? a wider aperture (f/2 as opposed to f/8) would give you more background blurr, which is what you apparently are going for, judging by number 2.

The second one is my favorite too. And the background isn't as distracting since it is just one color. It would be interesting to see this shot from another angle that isn't so straight on.

I was using the lowest f stop on on the lens which was 5.6... if I remember correctly (I'm at work right now so I can't remember quite what it was)... I was zoomed in as much as possible with my 28-300 mm Tamron Telefoto lens (granted it's not the best lens but oh well that's what I have right now) I would have loved the DOF to be less... I wish I could retake these right now but they are dead :(. And it would be another 10 days before I got the film back (I used Kodac's Elitechome 100 ISO slide film).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back