title?

Geronimo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a quick since I have a few moments. You know one of those dont you wish you too lived in Alaska. 8)

CRW_110601sIIcopy.jpg

CRW_113402copy.jpg

CRW_108202copy.jpg

CRW_109201copy.jpg

or the color version 5.
CRW_109202copy.jpg

CRW_113501copy.jpg

I will show it but I dont like the grain I put into it. Thoughts?
CRW_110601scopy.jpg

Oh when hiking, make noises and watch the bushes around you. I almost walked into a moose and her calf. I came about 30 feet till our paths intersected. I would have just backed up and shot a few frames, but it looked like there was a bear watching the moose and me. Figure I let the bear look while I leave.

CRW_099101copy.jpg

CRW_097803.jpg

CRW_095901_filteredcopy.jpg

Hot spots you ask? No those are what we call stars. :p

CRW_096101_filteredcopy.jpg

CRW_094101copy.jpg

CRW_0911-01%20copy.jpg

Brrrr --- snoow ..... Nonetheless, these are some nice captures! I like the color ones more, since the colors are so intense. #6 is simply awesome and the reflection in that second to last image ... I'm speechless!

some awesome stuff here...1 - 4 rok...I pick the colour version of 4 over the BW...more delineation BTW the compositional elements.
The light trails shot is fantastic...the angle takes it up a notch and makes it shine.
Great stuff! :thumbup:

nice series, Gero!
love the grain in 7. also like 5.

Now I am coming to your thread for the fourth time, and I am enjoying your photos over and again every time I come here.
I don't envy you for the early snow. I am happy we are still far away from getting any. But you have wonderful photo opportunities where you are and you so well know how to compose. It is difficult to name a favourite one.

Photo 6 is definitely very high on the list of the favourites of this series, along with Photo 8 with it disappearing light trails, I really like the effect you achieved with those there. But all the ones after 8 are great, too, auroras are fascinating! But the reflection of that cloud in the last but one photo is also unbeatably beautiful.

ok...in answer to your question.....YES!! i wanna live in alaska.....
never met a snowflake i didnt like...(well, there was that ms snowflake, but i had no idea she was not a she for the longest.....er...story for another time...)

just love 6....that one is awesome...as are all your shots.... great great job!
lucky guy..

i like number 1 2 3 4 5...etc. great shots!!!

where at in Ak do you live? i am in anchorage myself... i like the potters marsh shot of the northernlights... or at least i think its pottrs marsh

Nice series, as always, Gero! :)

I agree with you about the grain....I like the first image so well, and its softness. Just beautiful, as is!

Thanks for sharing these, it's been too long since we've seen your work! :thumbup:

Thanks terri for the comment on the black and white shot. I didn't think I was crazy.

JeLeAk said:
where at in Ak do you live? i am in anchorage myself... i like the potters marsh shot of the northernlights... or at least i think its pottrs marsh

I live in East anchorage myself. And yes that is potter's marsh in the northern lights shots.

Beautiful work, awesome colors. I really like the first frame, a classic B&W subject dome very well.

Most reactions

Back