Tmax 400 pushing times

TheHulk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This weekend I am hoping to venture into pushing film for the first time. I have been looking for a simple time table chart, but they are a bit confusing to decipher for a noob like me.

I will be processing Tmax 400 120 film, exposed for 800, and will be processing with Kodak Hc-110 with a dilution of 1:31

What is the general rule with time in terms of pushing one stop, assuming that the dev temperature is 68º? What are any general rules? Does anyone have a simple chart for this film and developer with times and temps?

I would consult an online resource named The Massive Dev Chart, found here: B W Film Developing Times The Massive Dev Chart

My issue is this: When I was using HC-110 to develop a LOT of B&W newspaper films, the 1:31 dilution B, mixed up from the concentrate or "syrup" and water at 1:31 took more like 7 to 7.5 minutes at 68 degrees Farenheit; the current data says 5.5 minutes at 68 degrees; from what I have seen, many people feel that time is too short...

The Massive Dev Chart page on pushing:
B W Film Developing Times The Massive Dev Chart

took more like 7 to 7.5 minutes at 68 degrees Farenheit; the current data says 5.5 minutes at 68 degrees; from what I have seen, many people feel that time is too short...

I have processed it at 6 minutes with good results, but only at 6 min because I was instructed to. I'll do some more research. Thanks!

I find 7:15 at 68°.

I used to develop 1600 several times a week for more than a decade. @ 68F, 7.5 to 8 minutes. I tended more towards 8 minutes because my agitation was ... like once every 3 -4 minutes.

Most reactions

Back