To all Americans! :P

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mentos_007, Aug 9, 2004.

1. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    HEy there... according to your presidental election... Isn't there any candidate who will get rid of visas for the rest of the world? I wanted to go for a funeral of my aunt (in Florida) and of course I wasn't given a visa. Why? they didn't belive me. And naturally we have to leave our FINGERPRINTS! That is incredible! I will vote to inflict visas for you if you want to come and visit Poland. And of course to take your fingerprints... it is paranoia.

Don't you have there any normal politics?

2. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

Hmmm..... they don't usually deny Visa for Europeans, but US is strict in giving out Visas.

Visa is a way to prevent unwanted people from entering the country. I don't object it, especially at times like this.

I suppose you went for a short interview. What did they ask you and what did you say?

3. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I'm surprised you couldn't get over here for a family funeral, but as for the fingerprints, I'm all for it. I'm starting to lean towards the idea that everyone should be DNA printed as well either at birth or upon entering the country.

4. Walt

Walt TPF Noob!

We should be careful with this string. Some people have very passionate ideas on these and related issues that might not coincide!

5. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I dont understand why you couldnt just come over for 90 days on the visa waiver program, it grants you absoloute ability to enter the country, providing that your stay doesnt exceed 90 days - which should have been more than enough for a funeral.

The only reason I can think of why you wouldnt have been able to do that is that Poland isnt part of the Visa waiver program.

6. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes sharky! I gree - EVERYONE. So Polish people, American, German or wherever they come from. But not only Poles. We aren't worse.

To Molested_cow: they asked me what for and how long do I want to stay there. When I said that I'm going for funeral, they wanted me to show the prove that this person really died. So I phoned to my family to fax the papers and of course they had to be signed by a notary. So it took another day, and I really couldn't wait too long. The two days before the funeral I resigned because I knew there are small chances to get to US. But do other nations are forced to leave fingerprints when going to USA?

7. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Sorry to hear of your bereavement but I believe that fingerprints are now required from citizens of several other countries.
    Please remember that the immigration enforcement in the USA is practically non-existent so once you're in the USA the chances of them coming after you are slim, it may have tightened up somewhat since 9/11 but I'll bet it's still poor.
    It used to be a favorite with students to just stay on when their visa's expired so I suppose they're just trying to make it as difficult as possible to get in to start with.

8. molested_cow

molested_cow No longer a newbie, moving up!

All foreigners entering USA will have the finger prints recorded, except for the holders of certain visas, such as NATO, UN, foreign embassadors and such.

9. Luminosity

Luminosity No longer a newbie, moving up!

I'm with Kara .....I'm also wondering why you couldnt enter on the 90 day visa -waiver :scratch:

10. malachite

malachite Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

I'm going to OZ. Just as hot there as it is here but with more women. They can fingerprint me all they want.

11. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, the american gov't can be pretty finger-print happy. There's a long list of things that Americans wil lget fingerprinted for also.

12. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I guess fingerprinting is okay as long as all terrorist organisations fingerprint new members and pass the records on to an international database. Lots of suicide bombers etc are first time (and last time) offenders so unless they are previously recorded prints they mean nothing to customs, border security, CIA, FBI blah blah blah....
    Sorry you couldn't make it over to the funeral. That sucks a big one. I too don't understand why the waiver wasn't used.

Malachite, come on over champ. I have been to a few countries and i still feel our women are the best in the world (we even have the 2004 Miss Universe).