To all the members in Canada....

ashy2ivy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for some studio equipment on a budget, backdrops and reflectors in particular. I am wondering if there are any good online sites that I can shop up here, as the great online deals from the states are not so great after they hit customs and the import duties are attached. I'm in Alberta if anyone knows of any local places also.

Thanks!!

One word: Henrys. It's at henrys.com, and they're located in Ontario. They sell everything, used and new.

In Alberta there is Vistek, in Calgary. The Camera Store, also in Calgary.
In Edmonton, we have McBain Camera, which has a price match policy for merchandise in Canada.

I have been looking for a good price on backdrops and stands around here...and I haven't been able to find anything yet. I'm thinking that it will still be cheaper to order the the US and pay the brokerage.

There are some other retailers/representatives here in Alberta...I don't have the links on this computer, but I may be able to find them later, if you are interested. Like I said, the prices aren't for the economy shopper.

Thanks for the tips. I know about Vistek and The Camera Store here in Calgary, but I haven't found anything real competitive in pricing compared to some of the disount places in the States. I'm thinking that the brokerage may be the way to go too. What about a good digital lab out here? One that has a processing center actually in Canada? Any suggestions?

What about a good digital lab out here? One that has a processing center actually in Canada? Any suggestions?
Are you just looking for a place to get good digital prints made? There are a few top end labs here in Edmonton, I'm sure Calgary has some as well.

Or are you looking for pro film developing as well?

If you do get items shipped up from the states, try to stay with USPS and stay away from UPS if possible! USPS will only charge you 7 or 8 dollars for the brokerage, where UPS charges a lot more!

There is a slight chance that Vistek may have some used items for sale - no harm in giving them a call. Also, regarding photofinishing, I would use either Vistek or (from what I have heard) technicare is also very good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back