To be a kid again

GreenNV

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pic7.piczo.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you remember when playing outside in the yard was so much fun? Ah, to be that young again!

DSC08446.jpg

DSC08467.jpg

DSC08461.jpg

DSC08442.jpg

DSC08468.jpg

DSC08465.jpg

DSC08466.jpg

I think there seems to be a bit of empty space around the kids but I know that's probably to show the scene. They also seem a little bright. I see yours are okay to edit I thought that maybe the last one would work well as black and white cropped tighter. I also added contrast and unsharp mask then smart blur. I dont know if that works for you but I thought I'd play a little.
And yes, it was great to be a kid!

DSC08466.jpg

The faces are kind of dark and there is some out of focus and motion blur going on. But the greens and yellows are very powerful, and you captured the joy and energy of these children very well.

Also, I agree with Kathi about not including too much space on the sides of a shot with a single person. Best to have those as a vertical rather than horizontal.

Overall, fun, light-hearted series. Thanks for sharing.

NJ

Nice feeling to the photos and good job avoiding shadows in full sun, but the compositions are just not pleasing to the eye. Rule of thirds...

Thanks for the critiques, I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if I should even post these as I didn't think they were all that great but needed to know what I could do to improve so glad I got that...thanks again and I will take your tips & put them to good use. :)

Most reactions

Back