To be lured out of his darkroom: new MOTW -> JamesD!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Heya JamesD, you ARE on the list, you want to be MOTW once and answer all our questions to you and post all the pics we make you post :lol: ... and you were last seen on Friday --- can we lure you out of your darkroom, maybe? (This is the first question, and the answer to it is crucial for this week's MOTW-thread to run!!! :lmao: )

whats your favourite bit of photographic kit?
whats your favourite memory from school?

Do you like trick questions?
If you were to rule TPF for a day, what would you do?
Best piece of equipment you own? (ehmm, that's not a trick question, really :lol:)
Take a pic of your favourite bath toy
Take a pic of your street

pascal

Do you find that you are in an existential quandry on the third Friday of each month after February?

Have you ever considered become a shopping cart lady and/or cat lady?

Does the thought of a large salad with toasted almonds and sun dried tomatoes make your day complete?

How many pets do you have and how many pictures of them do you own? Care to post a few?

Discuss (in no more than 1,000 words) how answering existential questions in a public forum adds to the 'residents' knowledge of you as an individual and contrast that knowledge with the alter ego you present for public consumption as JamesD.

Alternatively, post a photo of your television (or related AV device)

Provide a set of dimensions for your darkroom

You've not come out of hiding yet?
Do you have a least favorite aspect of photography?
What would a dream vacation for you involve?

It bears repeating: ACK!!

Totally unexpected, totally unprepared, and in the process of moving (again) but I'm game--I'll do my best!!

Thanks for sending me the PM, LaFoto! I'd never have known, otherwise!

Now... Let me ponder the questions put forth so far...

Heya JamesD, you ARE on the list, you want to be MOTW once and answer all our questions to you and post all the pics we make you post :lol: ... and you were last seen on Friday --- can we lure you out of your darkroom, maybe? (This is the first question, and the answer to it is crucial for this week's MOTW-thread to run!!! :lmao: )

Alas, no, I cannot be lured out of my darkroom.

You see, I was until very recently in the US Army, stationed in Alabama. My darkroom was one of the 4X5 foot closets in my barracks. Since I've moved from Alabama, almost all of my darkroom equipment has been sold, because it was mostly outdated and very bulky--and therefore difficult to move! Plus, I knew I wasn't going to have a place to set up here.

But! I'm in the process of moving back to lovely Fairbanks, Alaska! Once I get there and get settled, you'll have quite an adventure prying me from the dark, dingy confines of my stop-bath-smelling, light-manipulating laboratory! I might even be doing color work in there! And MF and LF negatives! WHOO!

whats your favourite bit of photographic kit?
whats your favourite memory from school?

My favorite bit of photographic kit... That's easy!

My EOS camera!
No--my 50mm 1.4 prime!
No--My Enlarger--rats, I sold it....
Oh, wait, my Toyo view camera!
Noo... It's got to be the bamboo tongs.

Oh, wait, I've got it! My Argus Argoflex E TLR! I love that thing! It's so... so... well... I hate to use the evil four-letter C word, but, it's just so danged cute! I bought it on Ebay, and I don't use it much, but I did do a shutter rebuild on it, and took some pictures with it, and it's a great conversation piece!

My favorite memory from school... hmm... school was a troubled time for me, but what stands out most is hanging out with my best friend from fourth through sixth grades, Pearl. I do miss her, she was a great friend, always there for me when I needed a break from the angst.

Other than that, though, I'd have to say, the first day of summer vacation!

Do you like trick questions?
If you were to rule TPF for a day, what would you do?
Best piece of equipment you own? (ehmm, that's not a trick question, really :lol:)
Take a pic of your favourite bath toy
Take a pic of your street

pascal

Trick questions can be fun!

Hmm. Rule? Well. I'd ban everything! Everyone! MWAHAHAHAH! Except myself of course...

Best piece of equipment I own has got to be the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens. That thing is so sharp.... and the w-o background blur is fantastic!

My... favorite... bath toy? I'm not sure a picture of that would be allowed on here. :mrgreen:

A pic of my street. I'll get on that tomorrow, and post it as an edit!

Do you find that you are in an existential quandry on the third Friday of each month after February?

Have you ever considered become a shopping cart lady and/or cat lady?

Nope. I'm actually in an existential quandry pretty much every day, starting on or about 13 June, and ending on or about 12 June. Excepting Mondays after a holiday, Tuesdays in general, unless preceded by a Monday after a holiday, and after 9pm on randomly selected Friday and/or Saturday nights. I find myself in a gastrointestinal quandry after some of those Friday/Saturday nights.

Periodically, I will lapse into a state of sublime agitation for a period of three years or more, but it's not usually existential in character.

I do like cats, but they tend to freak me out, which furthers exacerbates the aforementioned agitation, and typically sends me riding in shopping carts at high rates of speed.

Hope that helps!

....why pinhole?

:sexywink:

Terri, you've been reading my website again, haven't you? ;)

I've always been fascinated by the technical aspects of things, and I've always been fascinated by the peculiarities one can find in science. Pinhole lets me play with the technical, and tinker with the peculiar, and sometimes come up with something worth showing.

In other words, it's fun! And, there's not a whole lot of people who do it... there's not a whole lot of people who think they can do it. That adds to the mystique, and mystique is always sexy.

Seriously, though. I like it because I get to build it, and work with it, and make it work, and get intensely frustrated when it doesn't work. But when you beat the limitations of the technique and medium into submission, and watch that perfect negative develop under the safelight... and you know that it's perfect, just by looking at it.... that's a thrill.

Then comes the print, and that's another story entirely.

Most reactions

Back