to crop or not to crop...

mygrain

Friend to nose goblins everywhere
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really like this shot because the sunlight hits the windows perfectly. I was thinking of cropping it a bit off the left...what ya think?
bschool2.jpg

TY!! maybe a bit on the dark side then? I could lighten it up.....

No, don't mess with the dark side!!! Forever shall it dominate your destiny!

My apologies.

No seriously I'd say leave the photo exactly how it is. With the dark there it makes for good contrast. I can't tell if it's exactly straight or not, my brain keeps trying to decide if it needs it or not. If it does it's a tiny tiny amount, but for a shot like this you should make sure it's absolutely perfect.

But yeah, don't mess with it. ;)

This shot works as is. The hallway appears to be centered, but actually isn't, which makes you look again and again to figure it out. :)

If you did decide to crop it you should leave enough of the wall so that it is proportionally larger than the next wall section to maintain the symmetry of the wall sections.

As you go deeper into the pic each wall section on the left gets smaller, so the nearest one would need to match the size progression or it would look goofy.

Cropped that way makes a strong pic as well, that's maybe a bit cleaner in teh foreground, but de-centers the hallway, which is one of the strong points of the pic as it sits now.

it works great like it is for me, but if i would crop it at all - i would crop it from right, not left
great pic!

Wow what a lights. :shock:
Very nice, and I either wouldn't touch it. It's great as it is. :)

Most reactions

Back