"to empower photographers and agencies to take greater control in image rights management"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Money is actually worth some good money on eBay.

This was an interesting read about, of all things Crypto BlockChain and KODAK !!

yes, Kodak has said it would launch the Kodakcoin, “a photocentric cryptocurrency to empower photographers and agencies to take greater control in image rights management.”

How?
I guess all photographers need to submit their photos to the cryptocurrency mafia and buy up Kodakcoin ....
==> Kodak Surges After Announcing Plans to Launch Cryptocurrency Called 'Kodakcoin'
To me it seems like Kodak is trying to be relevant again.

Looks like an feeble attempt to not completely die. KODK has one foot in the coffin.

I still don't get how this is supposed to work. How are "rights" affected by this?

I believe the idea is that the Kodak currency will rise to dominate the online trading world - by taking over that segment of reality we put photographers in charge of the internet and all trade on the internet. Once done we'll be in a position to enforce copyright and all photographers rights on everyone!! Or something like that

They are just trying to catch the cryptocurrency wave going through the financial shows.

It would be nice to have a way to lock copyright info to an image.

Looks like an feeble attempt to not completely die. KODK has one foot in the coffin.
other than tri x pan, let it die. a few yrs. back, they were able to stop the import of 100 ft. rolls of Fugi film. vin

Shouldn't it be called KodaKoin? I think Kodak has gone koo-koo.
That would be a great name for a crypto coin. The KooKoo. Why not? They made up the Dogecoin after dogs.

I'll buy the first million for a penny each.

This isn't really a new idea.... making your own 'money', so to speak.

McDonalds used to mint their own McMoney. Sometime back in the 80's, IIRC.
Crypto will soon have the same value as Green Stamps. At least you can still hug or sleep with a Beanie Bear.

Ask all the old coal miners and textile workers from back in the day that got paid in company script you could only spend in the company store what they think about “made up” money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back