To gmail or not to gmail...that is the question.

Simple:
Gmail = very fast & no spam
Yahoo & Hotmail = sloooow and tons of spam
Enough Said. :mrgreen:

Julie

core_17 said:
Seriously? Where? I've never seen one and I've had Gmail for like, a year.

Right here (notice the vertical bar of ads on the right): :greenpbl:
gmailads.jpg

As I said, though, they don't appear all the time.

mygrain said:
Questo quid juris(sp?)... <<that was greek...maybe you meant geek? :D

Erm............. :scratch:

That so clearly is Latin............................................

Never mind.
Now I'll go read the rest of this thread to find out what gmail is and what it offers and if I need it and all this ;) ;) ;)

hehehe I'm cool too.... I have 100 invites! :p

Gmail is awesome. I love how it keeps emails with the same subject line together. Although it becomes annoying when the other person changes the subject line and then the conversation is broken up a little. But then you just do a search for whatever the emails were about and it turns up!

The searching bit is the best. I have heaps of similar emails.... and this one person who emails me allll the time (one of my professors) never ever writes in the subject line what the emails about. Grrr. So I just search for what I wanted to re-read and TA DAAA!!!!

Hmmm bace, I dunno if you can send a gmail invite to a gmail address.... i think you can... I dunno.
I do have a few gmail accounts, for different things. one's for signing up to dodgy sites that I think are gonna sell my address - so I don't want heaps of spam going to my main account. And I have another one that I hardly every use... infact I think I've forgotten the address! :shock:

I can't get onto it. It just has a blank white screens with "Loading..." in the top left corner.

Unimaxium said:
Right here (notice the vertical bar of ads on the right): :greenpbl:
gmailads.jpg

As I said, though, they don't appear all the time.

Ooooh, now I see...it's only when you have an actual email open. I'VE NEVER SEEN THEM IN A WHOLE YEAR!!! But I just went and checked and opened a couple emails and finally found some ads.

gmail is the only service that DOES NOT SEND YOUR IP while sending an email. it's basically completely anonymus. plus the 2.5 gig and growing inbox size. plus antiphishing. plus secure pages and all that.only free service i've seen so far which offers POP3 SSL encryption.

tip: your email will reach you at gmail even if you subscribe your email as:
[email protected]
if your address is for example [email protected]

it's useful for creating labels.

and i've been using gmail for about a year now and it's just brilliant. and i've never seen the ads either. and they really don't appear all the time. usually when an email is full enough to mask them. never in small emails.

one more reason yahoo sucks: it sends ads in your email. how ****ty is that!

danalec99 said:
invitation sent; pursuer, mygrain.

Thanks D!! now i'm gonna play tag with my two email accounts and see how fast it works. :D

LaFoto said:
Erm............. :scratch:

That so clearly is Latin............................................

Never mind.
Now I'll go read the rest of this thread to find out what gmail is and what it offers and if I need it and all this ;) ;) ;)

LOL! it's all greek to me! :lol:

Thanks for the invite :)

Most reactions

Back