To post or not.

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've had my D-90 with two kit lenses for about six months and am still learning the camera. I'm my own worst critic and don't want to post snapshots, but there are a few shots that I'd like to get some criticism on. The only trouble is that I'm shooting in Jpeg and don't have a photo editing program yet (probably Capture NX as it's user friendly), so it's like posting only half a photo. Should I start posting or wait. Another question I have is: I have View NX on my computer and being a supporting member will use TPF's system to post. Can a viewer get the exif data from the post, or do I need to include the info with the post. You've all been so great with your guidance I'm feeling a bit guilty for not participating fully. Your thoughts would be a great help. Thanks, as always, Tom Beard

We don't bite, really! :gun:

Feel free to post anything you'd like. I think it helps to state briefly what,exactly, you'd like to have evaluated; composition, exposure, impact, work/does not work/crop suggestions,and so on. Also, EXIF is not a God-given right, although a lot of people seem to act as if it is, and they whine and complain when EXIF to the Nth degree is not provided. Still, you're not compelled to provide EXIF data; it's normally with the file after it's run through most editing programs (with exceptions), so, post away Tom.

You'll want C&C on sooc so improvements to the shot can be made and less PP is necessary. There are some good free editing programs online i.e. Gimp and Picasa plus others that you can get by with. Looking forward to seeing some photos from you.:)

First off POST POST POST!
A fresh set of eyes is always good when one is doing photography as it helps prevent yourself working into a corner with your shooting - it also can provide a check on your own views of the photos.

Secondly - true exif is not a godgiven right, but my view is if you want constructive input into the technical side of your photography then providing details of how and what you did to get the shot greatly expands what responces you get back. If you just post the pic we can hack it apart artistically, but we won't ever know for certain how you achieve the shot - have a read of the C&C thread in my sig for more advice/input.

As for feeling that they are bad - ask yourself - are they any worse than these:
3260901043_dd3f11c8e6.jpg

3261031151_def113e717.jpg

3261032533_0304676b65.jpg

We all start somewhere and ^ that is where I started. With advice and input from people around the globe I'm now not quite as bad as I once was ;)

First off POST POST POST!
A fresh set of eyes is always good when one is doing photography as it helps prevent yourself working into a corner with your shooting - it also can provide a check on your own views of the photos.

Secondly - true exif is not a godgiven right, but my view is if you want constructive input into the technical side of your photography then providing details of how and what you did to get the shot greatly expands what responces you get back. If you just post the pic we can hack it apart artistically, but we won't ever know for certain how you achieve the shot - have a read of the C&C thread in my sig for more advice/input.

As for feeling that they are bad - ask yourself - are they any worse than these:
3260901043_dd3f11c8e6.jpg

3261031151_def113e717.jpg

3261032533_0304676b65.jpg

We all start somewhere and ^ that is where I started. With advice and input from people around the globe I'm now not quite as bad as I once was ;)

your words are a great comfort to me:lol:
as for tom beard please post your photos i'm sure that everyone around here will be giving you their honest opinions and critisicm for you to improve and get better and for begginers like myself can learn more during the process;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back