TO THE BEGINNERS

kalmkidd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i guess none of you know what a point n shoot is capable of... Ive taken and seen MANY point n shoot pics that blow SLR pics out of the water. its the eye, the time, and the settings, not just the label and cost of a camera.. you guys will soon learn that.. People are to quick to go out and buy a 2k camera when they havent even mastered a polaroid..

moral of this post when i see post saying (wow thats a nice shot cant believe its from a PnS) you look stupid to me...

Thanks..

btw im not saying this to come off like a jerk.. but its the truth and im sure all the long timers from here will agree.

Your camera is simply a recording device; whether it cost $20.00 or $20,000.00 it's sole purpose is to record the scene you see. The reason that many serious photographers move from PnS to higher end SLRs is because of the increased versatility they offer, NOT because they "take better pictures". A good photographer can take a good picture with a $20.00 camera; a bad photographer can't take a good picture with a $20,000.00 camera.

I agree with you both! I know my friends father bough a 3,000 dollar camera, and all the pictures are crap! Its a great camera, but he has no idea how to use it...Its too much camera for him.

I use a fuji s700, Its a great starter for learning to set your settings, ISO...ect. My husband is upgrading me to a Rebel XTi, which I think is a good upgrade for me.

Well thats good to know :) ....but how much settings can you really change on a pns? I have a pentax optio....crap or will it do?

I agree with you both! I know my friends father bough a 3,000 dollar camera, and all the pictures are crap! Its a great camera, but he has no idea how to use it...Its too much camera for him.

I use a fuji s700, Its a great starter for learning to set your settings, ISO...ect. My husband is upgrading me to a Rebel XTi, which I think is a good upgrade for me.

how do you like the s700 take a look at my avatar pic.. what a surprise its me and a s700 lol.. its my main go to point n shoot i love it.. i have a slr nikon d40 but i think i pull out the fuji just as much..

Well thats good to know :) ....but how much settings can you really change on a pns? I have a pentax optio....crap or will it do?

I've seen some pretty amazing photographs done with a pinhole camera -- no settings at all!

u can change many settings on a point n shoot. and its the eye as well. as stated about a crappy camera with nothing but a shutter speed change, can take a good picture. take time to get to know that camera. search tutorials for it i do that with all my cameras.. youll be amazed with what your camera can do that u dont know yet.

tirediron and icassell thanks was really hoping for other ''long time'' tpf members to back me up.. not that im being bossy just dont want kids and adults alike thinking they need a 2k camera to take a nice photo.

There is a point-and-shoot thread here on TPF -- take a look at some of those great images!

take time to get to know that camera. search tutorials for it i do that with all my cameras.. youll be amazed with what your camera can do that u dont know yet.

LOL....I have had my camera for 3 yrs, only used it in its 'normal' settings. Yesterday (thanks to ya'lls advice) I figured out how to use the Macro setting :mrgreen:

Let me ask you....do you guys have a still hand, or do you use tripods a lot?

LOL....I have had my camera for 3 yrs, only used it in its 'normal' settings. Yesterday (thanks to ya'lls advice) I figured out how to use the Macro setting :mrgreen:

Let me ask you....do you guys have a still hand, or do you use tripods a lot?

i have a fairly still hand.. but i would never count on my hand over a tripod. aka TRIPOD is always in my back seat lol.

I never trust my hand to be still on important images. Tripod and/or monopod always nearby.

Most reactions

Back