TO THE BEGINNERS

Nice picture Rebel!!

Most all of my pictures in my album are taken with the S5, I do struggle with shallow depth of field unless i'm really close to the subject and shutter speed or lag time when I really need a good action shot..
However I could not handle the bulk or expense of keeping up with a DSLR, I needed a new computer that could handle the RAW files, then buying lens after lens and everything else..
With the kind of photography I like to do it was almost impossible dragging everything with me I was ALWAYS needing to change lenses for the optimal shot..

So I sold my DSLR with the money I bought a new laptop with a huge harddrive, I bought an S5 and I bought an 'old film Canon AE-1 with 3 lenses, 50mm 1:4, 80-200mm zoom and a 28mm wide angle, speedflash...
etc for $46 off ebay..'

So both have their drawbacks, both have their good points.. I dont' think it's fair to say they are the same, if they were the same then neither would have a place in the market.
I love my S5 I had the S3 before the DSLR and regretting having sold it..
At this point I have no regrets I'm happy with what I have it suits my needs..
That is what is important.. is what you have practical for you?

Thanks, but I guess I should clarify a bit.

While I am using a P&S currently, I am wanting and saving for a dslr. I am currently trying to make sure that I learn composition, lighting, angles and other photography basics before I buy an expensive toy.

Ok, is this a question?

After reading this sentence, I wonder who the so called "stupid" really is.

Please excuse me. I have to read this very long statement at least 5 more times to understand what is really being said, due to the lack of punctuation.

I really don't like saying this because I am not an English teacher or anything but... Kalmkidd, your grammar sucks much ass. Yes, I was blunt but it is the truth. You really sound like a kid that wants to start a pissing contest. I understand that you are upset because many people say, "Wow, I cannot believe that photo was taken by a point and shoot camera". So what! Honestly, if I were to get a comment like that regarding any of my shots with a P&S, I would take that as a compliment. It only means that the photo is "bad ass" enough to compete with expensive DSLR shots. Perhaps you should take your aggressive behavior and use it more constructively rather than create conflict with others.

if u cant read that one time and understand it.. you win the idiot award.. im almost certain my 9yr old brother would read it without issue..

if u cant read that one time and understand it.. you win the idiot award.. im almost certain my 9yr old brother would read it without issue..

Go read a book. Learn legible AMERICAN English. Come back. Let us know how you did.

You have F***** yourself over. Arguments can be fun but not little $H!T like this. Figured I'd get in here before the thread was closed, because it will happen sense ( :) ) the original poster was kalmkidd

This forum does not like you

Woohoo! Yay to me! :lmao:

Congratulations on your win!

~Michael~

PS. Go read another book

Wow, he actually came back??? And posted???

Mind boggling.

Wow, he actually came back??? And posted???
Mind boggling.

Perhaps the reason he took so long to come back was so that he could proof read his comments prior to making them. That way, he could make grammar and punctuation corrections using a 3rd grade English book instead of making himself seem illiterate.

... then again, perhaps not. :lmao:

I don't know, I think it's a pretty simple problem with a pretty simple answer.

A person with low talent will take equally bad/good photos with a PointnShoot and a $1500 SLR.

Only a talented person will be held back by the considerable physical limitations of the PointnShoot.

If you think pictures of equal quality can be taken with both systems, then you don't have an understanding of the difference; there are important differences, which only a knowledgeable person will be able to take advantage of.

Ok the truth now! There is no difference. It is all the photographer. I remember just last Sunday watching the foorball game, all the sport magazine photogs had PnSs on the side lines. Oh yeah! I also noticed the last time I read National Geographic that all those African wildlife photos were taken with a PnS.

OP...Had you stopped by saying that it is possible to take a good photo with a PnS you might have had a chance. Everything after that just blew your entire case.
Not to mention, you really showed your ignorance to the very people you were trying to "impress" with your wise statements...The profesional BUSINESS photographers who for no apparent reason invest $1000s and $10,000s when all they had to do was buy a $200 PnS.

this thread should be changed to *PnS vs DSLR*, Mainly because that's all it's been. Everytime i see a thread with the words *beginner* in the title i think. cool another thread to learn off... so far the only *learning* thats been done here is how to petty squabble amongst ourselves, which i'm sure 99% already know how to do quite sucessfully. The *point* is no matter what the camera is.. it's what you do with the camera that counts in the end.

one thing i don't know after reading this thread in particular... is. what the hell does OP mean? :)

thanks

I agree I passed a college photographer course with a Sony point and shoot and got great shots. A+ in the course. I did have to use the manual settings alot and a tripod for half of the pictures that wouldn't have needed one with an slr.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back