Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To the wedding photographers here...
Why would/do you do weddings?

1. Is it just money?
2. Do you enjoy each moment?
3. Enjoy each moment + money?

I would pick #3. However, it is the enjoyment which would get more weight. Or else I would not even think about doing it. :)

Well, number three here as well. I have yet to actually draw a paycheck because all my money has gone back into the business so it's definitely that the enjoyment carries more weight. Weddings are such a special time, and it makes me happy to think that these couples will look back on my photos and relive their day again.

We no longer do them because we lost too much of the enjoyment factor - no question, it plays a huge part. The last year and a half we were doing them, with only 2 or 3 exceptions, we did them purely for money - and without the fun factor, it seemed more like "just work". :)

Well... I do enjoy witnessing a happy family event. In MOST situations, everyone is excited, lookin' their best and feeling fine, ready for a good time. BUT... I have to confess, sometimes the ANTICIPATION of shooting a wedding is nearly enough to make me want to quit. I start thinking, "I have to make more than 100 good images in less than 5 hours!" Then I begin to remember the few weddings I've done where the bride's mother treated me as if she bought my soul for the day. But once I get there, and things start to fall into place, I start to think, "I need to do more of these! This is easy money!"

So, I suppose I'm a 4... that's a 1 plus a 3.

I enjoy shooting weddings (not each moment, but most of the time), but I have to admit I'm doing it mostly for the money. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I'd still shoot 2 or 3 weddings a year for special clients, but I sure wouldn't try to fill up the weekends like I do now. I am more interested in photographing folks going about their daily business, or even other special events besides weddings. Unfortunately, on their wedding day is the only time many folks are willing to pay for getting their picture taken.

My goal is to someday only take pictures of people because I want to, with no money involved.

Christie Photo said:
Then I begin to remember the few weddings I've done where the bride's mother treated me as if she bought my soul for the day.
MOBs are infamous! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back