Today is the day...

Thanks Alison! :)
We both had a great time. We are both very artistic so it was a lot of fun... lol :)

i like the one where he is looking out the window and the light is shining on his face, really good

He looks a bit like cat stevens, if your old enough to remember him!

Great shots

I like the one of him against the metal building looking up and the one of him looking out the window also.

I am surprised to see how casual "senior photos" are - I had expected something MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more formal, dress and locationwise... Please, someone explain to me what "senior photos" are. I assume they are taken when High School is over, but what about the "rules" for such photos? Are there any? What do the "seniors" want to find in their photos? Where do such photos go? Frames, albums, aunts, uncles, grandparents?
It is a thing that we don't seem to have in my country - "senior photos"... (*pondering*)

You're right, they are typically taken the summer before or during the fall of the graduate's last year in high school. There is a wide range of what people want from these, some will want very traditional photos, headshots in fancy clothes while others want a more relaxed feel. I think the ones that are the most meaningful are shots that show a little something about the senior and their interests. You'll often see musical equipment, sports uniforms, animals, etc in the shots to make them more personal.

The big thing is wallet photos that seniors exchange among themselves to keep with them as they move on to jobs or college or wherever after school is done. Many are often framed or given to relatives as you though. It's an interesting market, one I don't do a lot of work in because I feel my talents lie more with photographying wedding and children.

AlisonPower said:
It's an interesting market, one I don't do a lot of work in because I feel my talents lie more with photographying wedding and children.
I feel a bit the opposite...
Even though I haven't done any weddings or children... I really don't think I could do either of those very well. Maybe it's just me though.
well, I should head off to the photo lab. :)
It's my first time using these guys, I've heard that they are the best in town.

LittleMan said:
I feel a bit the opposite...
Even though I haven't done any weddings or children... I really don't think I could do either of those very well. Maybe it's just me though.

I read in a book a while ago that photographers, esp portrait ones, tend to try and "do it all" in fear of not bringing in enough clients. The advice given was to stick to what you LOVE doing because it will show in your work and to your clients. I think that was the best advice I've ever heard and it's very true, at least for me.

thebeginning said:
hmmm. what if you love doing all of it?

Then by all means do it all :)

man, these are really cool....the third one just grabs me.. his eyes are gorgeous...

the 6th and 7th are cd cover shots....wonderful... good job, dude... these look very professional...without being stuffy.....

Hasn't you "client" been to Germany with you?
Haven't we seen him dreamily looking out of a train window before?

LaFoto said:
Hasn't you "client" been to Germany with you?
Haven't we seen him dreamily looking out of a train window before?
Daniel.jpg

090736.jpg

That is his little brother.... very good eye to catch that though! :D

Most reactions

Back