Today's birdies pic heavy

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The weather has been overcast which required pushing the ISO a bit, so these turned out fairly noisy when at such a heavy crop, but it was noise or blur, pick your poison...

All shot with the D800, 200-500 f/5.6 @ 500mm, f/5.6, ISO 1100, 1,000-1,250sec

9. This one was heavily back lit, but I still liked how it came out.

I was under the impression ISO noise wouldn't be an issue till it gets much higher. 1100 seems low.

I was under the impression ISO noise wouldn't be an issue till it gets much higher. 1100 seems low.
1100 is generally fairly low for modern DSLR's, and when viewed at original resolution, or at least with only moderate cropping, you probably wouldn' see the noise very much. But, when cropped to near 100%, noise becomes much more visible, even on really good cameras.

Also, viewing them on say a mobile device with a small screen and the image is downsized, you may not see it as much. But, put it up full size on a desktop, and you will..

Very nice set.

Great set! I really like # 5 for reasons I can not explain. I just like it.

Nice set do you need any ids on them?
Thanks! #7 is the only one I'm not sure on.
That one is a yellow rumped warbler
Thanks for the identification, Logan!

Very nice set.
Thanks!

Really nice set of some familiar birds.
Thank you! Despite not having much variety to choose from this time of year, I still always enjoy seeing the birds. I've even gotten my wife into spotting them. Something she was adamant when we first started dating she wouldn't do...

Great set! I really like # 5 for reasons I can not explain. I just like it.
Thanks! I almost deleted that image in camera because the duck was flying away from me, but I was glad I kept it. Something about the background coupled with the duck in flight that I liked.

Very nice.
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back