C. Brian Kerr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Brian, interesting shots. The Osprey is nice - I like the wing position in this one. For some reason, the eagles look a little fuzzy - OOF, or some slight over processing. The snake also looks a little fuzzy. I do know that sometimes images can be made to look a little "fuzzy" because of the conversion to a smaller jpg for display. I am not sure if this is the case here, but I suppose it could be. Only you can tell by comparison with the original.

WesternGuy

I was really enjoying this set, and then.....#3. Same concerns as WG.

You nailed the Osprey very nice. I have to agree on the eagles OOF it looks like you got the tree.Still well seen and capture.

Thanks everyone the Eagles and snake are over processed a bit. The eagle shot is a super crop. The Osprey. Very proud of nailing a moving target. Thank again.

Thanks everyone the Eagles and snake are over processed a bit. The eagle shot is a super crop. The Osprey. Very proud of nailing a moving target. Thank again.
Thanks Brian - super crops will certainly show up an slight "defects" in an image as will over processing, particularly if the images are over-sharpened.

Sounds like you should be putting a longer lens on your Christmas list. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

Thanks Brian - super crops will certainly show up an slight "defects" in an image as will over processing, particularly if the images are over-sharpened.

Sounds like you should be putting a longer lens on your Christmas list. :biggrin-93:

WesternGuy

It most definitely is. I love my 70-200 but the 150-600 has my heart fluttering knowing what images I will capture with that glass. I get to see some pretty amazing things and wish I were able to capture them and share. I'm thankful. I found TPF with all the folks on here so willing to help and give constructive criticism. Key word being constructive. I have dropped out of so many other site because they have there nose turned so far up they would drown in a slight rain.

While I wait on that new glass I'm going to keep shooting and refining the skills that I have learned. I am having one of the juvenile Racoon pictures printed and donating to the refuge where it was taken for there visitors center as a thank you.

Brian, great attitude - keep shooting and keep asking questions - the only way to learn and get better and don't be afraid to experiment and try different approaches to the same subject. :icon_thumbsup:

Which 150-600 are you thinking about getting - the Sigma or the Tamron? Just curious, I have the Sigma and it is a bit heavy for hand-holding for any length of time, but so far I am very happy with the results at all focal lengths. I have used it on a ball head and a gimbal head - both work, but the gimbal is a bit better to handle.

WesternGuy

Brian, great attitude - keep shooting and keep asking questions - the only way to learn and get better and don't be afraid to experiment and try different approaches to the same subject. :icon_thumbsup:

Which 150-600 are you thinking about getting - the Sigma or the Tamron? Just curious, I have the Sigma and it is a bit heavy for hand-holding for any length of time, but so far I am very happy with the results at all focal lengths. I have used it on a ball head and a gimbal head - both work, but the gimbal is a bit better to handle.

WesternGuy

I'm thinking sigma since that is what I use now. I currently use a ball head (see my signature) on a manfroto tripod. I am craving a gimbal head. All in good time. This summer I plan to build a camouflage floating blind to get much closer as well. This would also give me a different perspective to shoot from.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back