Today's catch, C+C please

Shrimpy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just decided to take a walk today, and to bring the camera along.

These were done with a Canon Rebel Xti.

IMG_4433.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4390.jpg

IMG_4358-1.jpg

IMG_4378.jpg

IMG_4419.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

Last edited:
C&C per req:

1. A good attempt at using lines to lead the eye. I would suggest cropping off the distracting elements in the background. Unfortunately, while you've got a good compositional elemnt, there's nothing for the eye to see; you need a main subject partway along this path. Additionally, greater DoF would have improved the image.

2. Not fond of the angle; I think this would have been a better image as a close-up of some of the tree roots only.

3. As per 1; excellent compositional element, nothing to see.

4. Nothing.

5. This is nicely composed, and would be a nice image with better DoF so that the leaves and all the mushroom caps were sharp. Additionally, it's about 1/2 stop under-exposed.

6. Again, slightly under-exposed, and needs to be rotated 90 deg. I like the branches; nice idea. A circular polarizing filter would have helped to reduce/eliminate the distracting reflections on the water.

7. Nice image, but once again, not sharp in all the key areas. The structure in the background, image left is very distracting, as are the two blooms upper right. I'd suggest cloning/cropping those out.

Overall, not bad; you've definitely got a good eye for the key elements, now it's just matter of ironing out some technical details and being able to combine that with exciting subjects.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

Thank you john!

I understand what you're saying about missing a key focal point in some, sometimes I feel like there's something missing in my pictures and that must be it.

Good pictures friend, keeping working at it!

They're all dark, too. I know tired kind of pointed this out, but I wanted to stress it. Are you correcting these? If so, your monitor may just be off. I find it a touch hard to believe that all of your shots would be so consistently dark.

They're all dark, too. I know tired kind of pointed this out, but I wanted to stress it. Are you correcting these? If so, your monitor may just be off. I find it a touch hard to believe that all of your shots would be so consistently dark.

Yea I have been correcting the contrast and brightness. It's more of personal preference that they're on the darker side.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back