Today's junk store rescue:

And.....did you have to buy a battery for the meter?

If SLR's had an ikon like cars have the model T, then the Pentax K1000 would, hands down, be it. I'm not talking numbers but...it was THE every man's slr back in the day.

Yay K1000! :cheer: I'd have snatched that up, too, even though I already have one. I've been thinking recently that I should find another K1000 body in good condition as a back-up, just in case - heaven forbid! - mine has a fatal accident one day, which is the only way that camera will ever die.

Definitely a prize package. Thought Spot was tough, this thing is a tank! Checks out good and runs smooth. Battery dead but easy, any 1.5v that fits the hole. Meter set for 1.5 v.

Spot gets one and so does the Gossen (2). Because they are designed for 1.3v batteries I just add 1/2 stop for the Spotmatic and 1 to 1 1/2 stops for the Luna Six.

Easy to see why these were popular.

$003 (2)sz.jpg

And a nice half case to go with it, too. Nice!

Last edited:
Definitely a prize package. Thought Spot was tough, this thing is a tank! Checks out good and runs smooth. Battery dead but easy, any 1.5v that fits the hole. Meter set for 1.5 v.

Spot gets one and so does the Gossen (2). Because they are designed for 1.3v batteries I just add 1/2 stop for the Spotmatic and 1 to 1 1/2 stops for the Luna Six.

Easy to see why these were popular.

View attachment 82126

NICE! We could sell that in my shop for $150 all day long!

I'm jealous! I bought my Pentax K1000 body for $40....
Awesome find.:)

^^ Still a great deal. Wanted to replace the Spotmatic when these first came out, tired of the threadmount but couldn't afford the $300.

In the middle of a test roll. Seems OK. Pix to follow.

Nice to have 'em. Better to shoot 'em.

That Ricoh 50, sharp and lightweight too..

$PK-01 002.jpg

..but the Tokina 70 - 210 is pretty nice..

$PK-01 020.jpg

..Billy agrees..

$PK-01 015.jpg

Spot reluctantly shared his bellows setup..

$PK-01 024.jpg

..in exchange for a quicky snapshot of some old Pentax stuff. He complained about the focus, I said that he was rarely in focus anyway, he made a smarta$$ remark about old guys with glasses - and the fight was on..

$PK-01 030e.jpg

(Fuji Neopan 100 D76 1:1)

Beautiful photos! Glad it works well.
I have to admit looking at them is like torture to me because I have a lovely k1000 sitting on my desk looking awfully lonely... (haven't bought a lens for it yet.)

Last edited:
I have to admit looking at them is like torture to me because I have a lovely k1000 sitting on my desk looking awfully lonely... (haven't bought a lens for it yet.)

Snatch this up: Pentax 50mm f1.7 manual focus. It's a great lens, really sharp, good wide open. I love mine. $43 Excellent condition.
https://www.keh.com/242034/pentax-50mm-f-1-7-smc-m-k-mount-manual-focus-lens-49

Or if you want to pay less for an f2 instead: https://www.keh.com/242035/pentax-50mm-f-2-smc-a-k-mount-manual-focus-lens-49
"Ugly" for $9 or "Bargain" for $15. I don't know about KEH's "ugly" rating, but I know its "Bargain" rating is given to equipment that ends up being in MUCH better condition than you think. Seriously, I've gotten stuff that was labeled "Bargain" because it had one tiny little scratch in a place that you can barely even notice.

In other news, KEH seems to have revamped their site! It was a bit startling, actually.

Snatch this up: Pentax 50mm f1.7 manual focus. It's a great lens, really sharp, good wide open. I love mine. $43 Excellent condition.
https://www.keh.com/242034/pentax-50mm-f-1-7-smc-m-k-mount-manual-focus-lens-49

Or if you want to pay less for an f2 instead: https://www.keh.com/242035/pentax-50mm-f-2-smc-a-k-mount-manual-focus-lens-49
"Ugly" for $9 or "Bargain" for $15. I don't know about KEH's "ugly" rating, but I know its "Bargain" rating is given to equipment that ends up being in MUCH better condition than you think. Seriously, I've gotten stuff that was labeled "Bargain" because it had one tiny little scratch in a place that you can barely even notice.

In other news, KEH seems to have revamped their site! It was a bit startling, actually.

Lots of good stuff to fit your K out there tirc.
Last couple of days reminded me how nicely These cameras sit on the hand and operate.

Thanks to you both for the comments

Most reactions

Back