todays picks C&C welcome

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by wysoczanski, May 30, 2009.

1. wysoczanski

wysoczanski TPF Noob!

a few that i liked from todays pictures pleae C&C after all i am here to learn :D
    1.macro shot of a fly on the tip of a house palm
    [​IMG]

2.this one came out a little bright but still liked it
    [​IMG]

3. same shot just a little darker
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking

one more i found that i liked
    4.[​IMG]

2. Gaerek

Gaerek TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The first three could really use some cropping. In the first one, the subject is so small, and there's so much negative space, it's difficult to see what you're supposed to be looking at. In the next two, half the frame is sky and the flower is cut off from the bottom. I think it would have looked better with more flower and less sky. As they are, you could stand to lose about 80% of sky in both of them. All of your photos suffer from having the subject basically centered in the frame. The flowers are a bit offset, but not enough in my opinion.

Sorry about being so brutal. A common mistake is not filling the frame with your subject or something that adds to the shot. Negative space is great for moving subjects, but in cases like these, it's better to crop down to only things that add to the shot. In a shot where 75% of the frame is sky, the sky isn't adding anything to the shot.

3. turnbeaugh5

turnbeaugh5 TPF Noob!

The thing that sticks out to me the most is that you have a lot of dust on your sensor.

4. wysoczanski

wysoczanski TPF Noob!

i understand the need for brutallity i am here to learn....but what do i do about the dust on my sensor how can i get it off??

5. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Cleaning sensors by Thom Hogan

First entry on Google, searching "cleaning the nikon d1 sensor".

Anytime you need to know something, search the internet, that's what it's there for.

6. Sherman Banks

Sherman Banks TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Holy cow, that is a dirty sensor! You'd be smart to have that thing cleaned ASAP. No sense in trying to take good photos with specs all over them.