Todays pictures

mox

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mox.ca
I recently got a white backdrop to start doing model photography.

Here are some shots that I did today.

I know the lightning needs a little bit of fine-tuning but tell me what you guys think.. This is really my first try at doing portraits in a 'controlled' environment.

My sister:
IMG_2928.jpg

Parents:
IMG_2962.jpg

The entire family:
IMG_2966.jpg

Thier nice, but the angle seems a bit high in the last 2 considering the pose. But im not an expert. :0)

Great first try!

Number one should be sharper on the face, and the top right corner shows some light falloff.

If you used a white backdrop in #2 and #3, you have underexposed. The focus is also soft on the faces.

How did you light the first picture compared to the lighting in 2 & 3?

deb said:
Great first try!

Number one should be sharper on the face, and the top right corner shows some light falloff.

If you used a white backdrop in #2 and #3, you have underexposed. The focus is also soft on the faces.

How did you light the first picture compared to the lighting in 2 & 3?

The light was the same for the 3 pictures.. I haven't moved the lights between the pictures.. only the camera

The angle was what I wanted.. Being high.. I saw this in a pictures in a magazine and it was looking nice.. okay maybe I can't re-create the effect I wanted but I tried ;)

An other factor of the angle.. is that the roof is at ~6'2" and if I put the camera too low I'll see the roof.

For the backdrop of the 2nd pict I did it with Photoshop.. I selected the white background and did a little fade with white and a very light blue.. I think it's looking nice and it's an easy way to hide the shadows :)

Most reactions

Back