Today's pictures

mikeinsc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been carrying my Rebel around with me everyday for the last few weeks. Today, it certainly paid off.

Caught this Trash Compactor Truck fire just as it was starting to happen.

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_18661.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

Then I found some Snowy Egrets playing in the marsh. This one is eating a Mud Minnow.

IMG_18761.jpg

It was difficult shooting through the marsh grass and keeping everything in focus. Get too close and the birds flitter off. Too far back and the grass obscures them. I plan to play around in Photoshop in hopes of eliminating the blurry spots created by the grass. Fortunately, these were shot in RAW and Jpeg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

The insurance company might be interested in your first image of the garbage truck starting to toast.

It's to bad large portions of the birds are overexposed and the details in their feathers lost.

nice photojournalism set with the truck. the first works well.
the focus is off in the images with the fire fighters, as I would expect to see the fire fighters in better focus. While photojournalism does require quick shooting, you need to nail the focus on these shots as well

The birds have their feathers blown out, over exposed. all the texutre in their feathers is lost.

I wish more of the hardees sign was in the second shot. Especially the word charbroiled.:lol:

Well I committed a grave error when getting the shots of the egrets. Shooting a pure white bird at noon.

I've been trying to adjust the photos in RAW but I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet. Just moving the sliders around in hopes of getting something good out of it. Everything is still blown out.

you shot in raw, so prior to uploading to photoshop, you should be able to adjust the actual exposure, which should help. UNLESS the whites are clipped and you lost all detail, and there is simply nothing there.

judging by the highlight clipping warning, not all of the feather detail is gone in all of the photo's. But when I drop the exposure down, the rest of the pic is so dark it looks awful.

I'm taking a photoshop class this semester. I hope Camera RAW is part of the course.

I like the happy charbroiled sign in picture #2 surrounded by smoke :lol:

really like the fire shots... I was going to say crop one but you already did when I looked further...lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back