Today's Raptors

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found the super cool RT that I hung with for many hours. Caught a few lift-offs and a hunting attempt. Later i found a Barred. Nice day for this time of year in CT. Comments welcome and thanks for looking

Red Tail Hawk 11_23 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 11_23 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 11_23 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Red Tail Hawk 11_23 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

5 The Barred was deep in a cedar grove and I couldn't get great angles.

Barred Owl 11_23 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Barred Owl 11_23 1 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

These are excellent, like always. 4 is my favourite!

The claws on #3 and #4 remind me of the ferocity of these things. Glad I'm not a fish. Good ones again.

Gotta go with the group. #4

Nice! trade ya a Snowy for a Barred

The claws on #3 and #4 remind me of the ferocity of these things. Glad I'm not a fish. Good ones again.
great shots.
Gotta go with the group. #4
Thank you! Rick, Fish are safe from this guy, but if you have 4 legs and are the size of a rabbit or smaller, watch out!

Very nice set. In the first and third shots I would have liked to see the entire bird. #2 is my favorite of the set, but #6 is a nice profile shot.
Well the 1st one is full frame on a D800 at 450mm. I personally like tight crops as that is my style, but here is most of the hawk from the preceding shot to #3..
Red Tail Hawk 11_23 4 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Nice! trade ya a Snowy for a Barred
Well, unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon, I found the remnants of this Barred today, well not that much was left other than the tail feathers, as I suspect it was breakfast for a Great Horned Owl that lives in the area :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back